Nicole Wilkins

Added endurance workout nutrition

Home Forums 40 Day Buns & Guns Challenge 2021 Added endurance workout nutrition

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Victoria Lynskey
    Participant

Hi there, I ride with my cycling group on Saturday mornings…about 40-60 miles with approx 1500-4000 feet of climbing dependent upon the week. I was planning on fueling like I normally do (oatmeal, liquid nutrition in my bike bottle, and a Lara bar.) and eat the post workout meal and lunch together to refuel after. May push the strength workout to tomorrow if I’m too pooped. Any other advice for adding this endurance workout while also doing the bunsnguns challenge? I don’t want to miss out on my rides 😉

Naomi

Hi there, I ride with my cycling group on Saturday mornings…about 40-60 miles with approx 1500-4000 feet of climbing dependent upon the week. I was planning on fueling like I normally do (oatmeal, liquid nutrition in my bike bottle, and a Lara bar.) and eat the post workout meal and lunch together to refuel after. May push the strength workout to tomorrow if I’m too pooped. Any other advice for adding this endurance workout while also doing the bunsnguns challenge? I don’t want to miss out on my rides 😉

Hey there- the nutrition and workouts for this challenge are not designed for any extra activities, workouts or endurance athletics outside of this challenge. That would fall into a more personalized nutrition and workout program, so I can’t really advise on how to adjust the challenge program to cater to your extra cardio with the cycling.

Just do the best you can on gauging what you need for extra nutrition to fuel your endurance activities and still have enough left in the tank for the challenge workouts. Bets of luck with your rides and the challenge 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.