Nicole Wilkins

Alternative Exercises

Home Forums Training Alternative Exercises

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello! I love working out at home and plan to continue doing it until I can lift heavier than my dumbbell set…can’t wait for that to happen! I am also looking into getting a set of bands since there are several exercises requiring them in the photoshoot challenge. Does anyone recommend a set of bands? So I was wondering what I could do instead of the following:
    Exercise Band Cable High Row
    Exercise Band Triceps Pushdown (I just substituted tricep kickbacks for now)
    Machine Lateral Raise
    Exercise Band Rear Delt Fly

Also how do you set up the bands for those exercises? Do you need to attach them to something? I just can’t picture how to set those up.

Naomi

Hello! I love working out at home and plan to continue doing it until I can lift heavier than my dumbbell set…can’t wait for that to happen! I am also looking into getting a set of bands since there are several exercises requiring them in the photoshoot challenge. Does anyone recommend a set of bands? So I was wondering what I could do instead of the following:
    Exercise Band Cable High Row
    Exercise Band Triceps Pushdown (I just substituted tricep kickbacks for now)
    Machine Lateral Raise
    Exercise Band Rear Delt Fly

Also how do you set up the bands for those exercises? Do you need to attach them to something? I just can’t picture how to set those up.

Hey there! Here are some alternatives to the exercises you are asking about:
    Exercise Band Cable High Row: incline dumbbell bench high row
    Exercise Band Triceps Pushdown (I just substituted tricep kickbacks for now): dumbbell triceps kickbacks are a great sub for these
    Machine Lateral Raise: dumbbell lateral raise (seated or standing)
    Exercise Band Rear Delt Fly: dumbbell rear delt flyes (seated/bent over or standing but over)

I hope this helps! Good luck 🙂

Thank you so much Naomi! I have another question…I don’t have a barbell, do you recommend anything in place of good mornings?

Naomi

Thank you so much Naomi! I have another question…I don’t have a barbell, do you recommend anything in place of good mornings?

Hi Christina- you can do stiff-legged deadlifts (with both legs, not single legs) w/ dumbbells in place of the barbell good mornings: https://youtu.be/IiGk8g3e41w

Good luck 🙂

Thanks for another helpful reply Naomi! I am proud to say that I thought to replace those with the traditional deadlifts!

Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks for another helpful reply Naomi! I am proud to say that I thought to replace those with the traditional deadlifts!

Traditional deadlifts are not the same as stiff legged deadlifts

Also, if you look at the demo video for the exercise you want to exchange, we have listed alternatives for you already underneath 🙂

Thank you Nicole! I will google the differences between the two. Yes I did notice the alternative exercises below some of the exercises but could have sworn that didn’t have one…must have overlooked it, sorry.

Hello! Looking ahead to Phase 2 at home workouts I am just confirming how to do the ab exercises for Workout 1. Exercise Ball Twisting Crunch: Do you sit up in a crunch position and hold the ball in your hands and rotate left to right? Exercise Ball Lying Leg Raise: Do you lay down and hold the ball between your feet and lower legs and move your legs and the ball up and down? Does your butt come off the ground?

And for Workout 4 what is an alternative to the Narrow Stance Leg Press? I only have a bench and adjustable dumbbells.

Thanks so much!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.