back pain / injury

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    karenwalker_1999
    karenwalker_1999
    Participant

I’ve hurt myself doing dead lifts and/or squats. Lower right back is out of action after dead lifts on Friday or Saturday. It’s happened at least 3x before. My completely uneducated guess is that my lower back overcompensates for tight legs, but I don’t know. In any case, I’m in a lot of pain and am taking ibuprofen to bring the swelling down. Any advice for recovery? Working out?

thanks,
    karen

Naomi

Hi Karen- tether is no way to give you workout advise without knowing what injury you sustained or how severe it is an d the only way to know this is by getting examined by a medical professional. I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but it is better to be safe than sorry!

My recommendation is that you don’t workout until you can get a thorough exam, possibly an MRI. You don’t know if working out will cause further injury.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

karenwalker_1999
    karenwalker_1999
    Participant

I don’t mind hearing, “go to the doctor.” 😊 I need to check it bc it keeps happening whenever I do dead lifts.

Thank you!

certifiedgirl
    Participant

Yes- get checked out by dr. I had a lower back injury and was not diligent with recovery and now it’s chronic. Hope yours heals up quickly!!!

karenwalker_1999
    karenwalker_1999
    Participant

Thanks. And thanks for the push. Seeing the doctor in Germany is frustrating due to the language barrier, but I need just go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Nicole Wilkins