Nicole Wilkins

Can you please go over how to count macros?

Home Forums Nutrition Can you please go over how to count macros?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Julie Hansen
    Participant

HI Nicole,
    I was wondering if you could go over how to count macros? Is there a formula to use ect? I see you have posted you add in 100g of carbs and so forth. For some reason I have issues figuring it out. Thank You

Hey Julie,

I personally don’t count macros but this should help you to start with the formula’s you’re talking about.
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Most people will use Myfitnesspal to track all their macros, very easy to find the food, enter the amount and keep track of each macro.

Hope you don’t mind me replying instead of Nicole! 🙂
    Charlotte

I use myfitnesspal to track my macros and calories intake .. It’s an awesome app and easy to use !

traci ziter
    Participant

I have been counting macros for a couple of years,,,,yes, you can use the iifym calculator to help you get started ( as posted above). You can carb cycle according to training days vs. non training days. It takes a bit to get used to it but it is the best way to do things IMO. my fitness pal is a great app to track everything!

Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster

The calculator listed above is a great tool to use. Adding 100g of carbs a week is too much IMO. Use myfitnesspal as it is very user friendly. Input your macro goals in your settings and then as you eat throughout the day track every food and it will tally up your proteins, fats and carbs through the day.

Alice Moore
    Participant

Yes myfitnesspal is really helpful. I’ve gotten a lot better with managing macros through that app over the last several months and I’m very happy. It gives me the flexibility to eat different foods. I typically will pre plan all my meals for the day based on my set macros so each day my meal plan varies. It takes some getting used to, but once you’re comfortable with it to me it’s the best way to stay on track nutritionally.

SUMMER BRANT
    Participant

Hi there Nicole! I paid for my macros to be done for me by someone who seems to be “credible” on the subject. I am 5’6″ 180lbs w/ descent amount of muscle I would say. He prescribed me 125g protein/ 200g Carbs/ 50g Fat.

I turn 30 in a month and want to get into the best shape I can this year! I am
    Not sure that I would want to compete again, as I did several years ago but would love to train as if I was. Ready to buckle down! Also, want to make it a lifestyle as well

I feel like it may be high on carb but not sure, what are your thoughts?

Julie Hansen
    Participant

Hello everyone, Thank you all for your input. I don’t like to count macros either but for training purpose my clients want to know how much they are eating. I was just looking for a different way to calculate macros for an individual. I have used IIFYM to start with and then I adjust from there. I saw someone calculating on a chalk board with adding and subtracting macros and was curious. Thank You all for your input I appreciate it.
    Hugs be fit and stay fit ~Julie

I like this photo for macros references 😉

Jolie Goldstein
    Jolie Goldstein
    Participant

Awesome chart @marie-josee. Thanks for sharing that.

Veronica Manzanero
    Participant

Hi Julie,

I found a youtube video from Scott Herman that explains this info. The calculations are based on your goals. I was really confused about this initially. All of this was pretty new to me so I had to go over it a few times before I got it. I guess I just needed to understand how it was calculated.

Later, I started using myfitnesspal to track the macros in the food I eat.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.