Nicole Wilkins

Dealing with Breakouts

Home Forums 40 Day Summer Shred Challenge 2019 Forums General Chat Dealing with Breakouts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Janet
    Participant

Is anyone else experiencing breakouts? I have a history of hormonal acne, but I haven’t broken out this badly in a while. I’m washing my face before and after my workouts, but I really think something internal is going on. I’m wondering if whey protein or BCAAs could have a role in my breakouts. I have done a challenge before and felt like my skin actually cleared up, so I’m confused and frustrated as to why it’s happening now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, all.

Naomi

Is anyone else experiencing breakouts? I have a history of hormonal acne, but I haven’t broken out this badly in a while. I’m washing my face before and after my workouts, but I really think something internal is going on. I’m wondering if whey protein or BCAAs could have a role in my breakouts. I have done a challenge before and felt like my skin actually cleared up, so I’m confused and frustrated as to why it’s happening now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, all.

Hi Janet- I have never personally experienced this, nor have I heard of any breaking out from protein pr BCAAs but everyone’s individual body chemistry is different. This goes beyond my personal scope of expertise and I would recommend going to see your dermatologist who may recommend or refer you to a food allergist to explore your reactions further.

Good luck, and please keep us posted!

Janet
    Participant

Thank you for your response, Naomi. I have an appointment scheduled with a dermatologist in July, so we’ll see if I learn anything from that. Hopefully, I don’t have to change too much in my current diet and routine. Have a good weekend!

kathleenmariemt
    Participant

Janet, I’m an RN and Esthetician and would be happy to try to help. Unfortunately, dermatologists don’t treat skin health, but skin disease. As a nurse, I’ve been so disappointed in their approach and lack of knowledge. I’m not trying to sell you anything. If you’d like advice and help in brainstorming, I’d be happy to help. I don’t charge for consultations. You can send me a pic so I can evaluate your skin and what the cause of the acne may be. Enhancedesthetics@gmail.com.
    Kathleen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.