Nicole Wilkins

Frustrated

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

ssemmelroch
    Participant

I am not concerned about numbers on a scale however I have only lost 2 pounds. I see more muscle definition mostly in my upper body some in my lower body. I do not feel that I am losing much in my abdominal area. I’ve always had some muscle tone but I feel like all this extra fat I am eating could be hurting me. It is all lower abdominal. I have not cheated once, I weigh my food the only thing I don’t do is use MFP. I eat the exact meals on the sheet. I rarely substitute. I take Nicole’s baca, protein shake and multi vitamin. I also take a fat burner.

Any suggestions? Please help me figure this out.

Naomi

I am not concerned about numbers on a scale however I have only lost 2 pounds. I see more muscle definition mostly in my upper body some in my lower body. I do not feel that I am losing much in my abdominal area. I’ve always had some muscle tone but I feel like all this extra fat I am eating could be hurting me. It is all lower abdominal. I have not cheated once, I weigh my food the only thing I don’t do is use MFP. I eat the exact meals on the sheet. I rarely substitute. I take Nicole’s baca, protein shake and multi vitamin. I also take a fat burner.

Any suggestions? Please help me figure this out.

It sounds like your body IS responding, you are building muscle and seeing definition, except in your abs. Everyone has a first place they lose and a last place they lose body fat — the last place you lose body fat is also typically the first place you gain it.

For me, it is my butt, hips and thighs – it is the first place I gain fat and the last place I lose fat. I will see changes happening all over before my stubborn fat in my butt, hips and thighs goes away, and it always takes a longer time for that to happen.

It sounds like your place is your stomach, so it will come with time. You are doing all the right things, or else you body wouldn’t be changing at all. It just takes a little longer for our stubborn areas to move.

ssemmelroch
    Participant

Should I or can I do more ab workouts? Will that help?

Maureen
    Maureen

Should I or can I do more ab workouts? Will that help?

No, Just keep working hard on the plan that is provided. You cannot spot reduce. Your body will lose weight from areas as you lean down. We all shed weight differently based on genetics etc. Your most stubborn areas are usually the last to let go unfortunately. We all have them.

ssemmelroch
    Participant

I have done many of these challenges and now its one week later and I am even more frustrated. Most recently I did the photo shoot and shred challenges and I saw more results. I am spot on with food, no alcohol and I complete all my workouts. Why am I not seeing changes? We have less than 2 weeks left. I am wanting more results!

I am curious can I start shred right after this and if so should I go to phase 1,2 or 3?

There was no recommendation an fat burner but is there on that gives results?

Maureen
    Maureen

I have done many of these challenges and now its one week later and I am even more frustrated. Most recently I did the photo shoot and shred challenges and I saw more results. I am spot on with food, no alcohol and I complete all my workouts. Why am I not seeing changes? We have less than 2 weeks left. I am wanting more results!

I am curious can I start shred right after this and if so should I go to phase 1,2 or 3?

There was no recommendation an fat burner but is there on that gives results?

I can hear your frustration. Maybe your body has changed alot since the last time you did the shred type challenge. Remember that the meal plans are designed to help alot of people, they aren’t tailored exactly to you. If you still want to try and “shred” more, you can always do this phase a bit longer and see how it goes with you. Try not to get frustrated. Take note of everything you can learn from how different foods hit you. Does it feel good with more carbs, or higher fat? (phase you are in now). Where do you have more energy? Do you feel sluggish now? All of that info you can gather can help you figure out where you can go after the challenge. Or info to give a coach in the future and they can get an idea of what works for you. I hope that helps.

ssemmelroch
    Participant

Thank you for that explanation. I feel that my body did better on the shred. I just reviewed it and think it has more protein and less fat. I really want to shred in the next 3 weeks. If I start the eating plan of phase 3 could that help me shred weight? I know I should probably complete this challenge but I really want to shred down. I am small to begin with 112 lbs and 5’6″.

Naomi

Thank you for that explanation. I feel that my body did better on the shred. I just reviewed it and think it has more protein and less fat. I really want to shred in the next 3 weeks. If I start the eating plan of phase 3 could that help me shred weight? I know I should probably complete this challenge but I really want to shred down. I am small to begin with 112 lbs and 5’6″.

What are your goals? Weighing 112lbs at 5’6 is a pretty low weight for that height.

ssemmelroch
    Participant

That is not my goal I don’t care what my weight is I just thought I would see more definition everywhere like I did when I did the 45 day shred. I have a lot of muscle definition however I thought I would look more leaned out.

ssemmelroch
    Participant

Do less cards more protein lean you out more? I know everybody’s body is different but my body is not responding to higher cards. Please help I am so frustrated.

ssemmelroch
    Participant

Can one of the trainers please respond to me.

Maureen
    Maureen

That is not my goal I don’t care what my weight is I just thought I would see more definition everywhere like I did when I did the 45 day shred. I have a lot of muscle definition however I thought I would look more leaned out.

Hi there,
    It’s really hard to answer since we haven’t worked with you one on one. Sometime the protein is bumped up when someone is on a deficit but it’s not something that you do in order to lean out more. I think Naomi was just giving you an idea that with your height your weight seemed a little low and wanted to try and get leaner from there she was just showing some concern. I don’t know your body type etc so I can’t answer specific questions about you. Does that make sense. That’s why I would caution you on making changes on your own when you aren’t sure what is exactly the right path for you. When someone is doing a cut that is supervised…their coach is looking at EVERYTHING and making changes as the weeks go by. We can’t do that here in a challenge so we have to err on the side of caution.

ssemmelroch
    Participant

Thank you for the explanation.

if my body reacts better to lower carbs higher protein and I want to follow the shred phase 2 will it be okay to start that right after this challenge is done?

Naomi

Thank you for the explanation.

if my body reacts better to lower carbs higher protein and I want to follow the shred phase 2 will it be okay to start that right after this challenge is done?

Yep, you can take that route if your body responded the way you wanted it to with the shred phase 2 and you’d like to pursue that after this challenge is over to help you reach your goals 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.