Nicole Wilkins

keto to challenge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nona_Razo
    Nona_Razo
    Participant

My bf got the bug to jump on the keto train about two weeks ago, as a way to support him. I decided to do it with him. I have been folowing keto for about two weeks now my intake is around 1500 cal keeping my carbs at less than 50g net. I decided to purchase the challenge and I really want to just do It as it is following Nicoles meal plan. Since I have only been doing keto for a bout two weeks( not long), would I be ok switching to meal plan 1 phase 1 macros just like that or what should I do to up my carb intake and adjust to Nicoles guidelines for macros.
    Any feedback is appreciated!!

Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster

Yes you should be fine switching to phase 1. It hasn’t been long enough for your body to be Keto adapted

Nona_Razo
    Nona_Razo
    Participant

Thanks Nicole!!! I was doing it to support him but I miss my carbs!!! TBH I hate it I can’t see my self doing it for a while!!! I did loose around 5lbs in two weeks should I expect weight gain ?

tamarabeckett
    Participant

What should you do if you are already fat adapted? Been following Keto on/off for about a year, and pretty strict about it for the past 3 months.

conoangela
    Participant

Hi not sure how much water to be drinking?
    also can we switch on and off vegan to regular meal plan because Im use to eating less I get full very easy ,how much time inbetween meals should we be eating?

Naomi

What should you do if you are already fat adapted? Been following Keto on/off for about a year, and pretty strict about it for the past 3 months.

Hi Tamara- I have personally experimented with Keto on and off since 2013 and have been able to switch between super high carb and super high fat without any problems. Everyone is different, but I have never done a gradual transition either from low fat/high carbs to Keto, or from keto to high carbs – and I’m talking from 40g or less of carbs straight into 200-250g of carbs.

You can try it and see how it goes for you, but from my experience, it’s best to just dive right in. Once you re-introduce higher carbs, even if it’s just 60-80g of carbs per day (which is low by normal standard but may be high enough to kick you out of ketosis), you are most likely back to using glycogen anyway regardless of if it’s 80g of carbs or 180g of carbs, do you know what I mean?

I hope this helps. Good luck with the challenge! 🙂

Naomi

Hi not sure how much water to be drinking?
    also can we switch on and off vegan to regular meal plan because Im use to eating less I get full very easy ,how much time inbetween meals should we be eating?

Aim for about a gallon a day. You can use any of the meals in the meal plan, but make sure you watch all the videos and read ALL of the info in the nutrition section, as Nicole explains quite a bit and you don’t want to miss any info 😉 You can space your meals about 3-4hrs apart.

tamarabeckett
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I did keep following Keto for the first two weeks then jumped right into the high carb diet last week. IT feels like a disaster for me. I have ZERO energy and have had to drop all my weights to much lower(some by half and still feel like I”m barely holding it together) Motivation is in the toilet, I’ve gained at least 7 pounds and many more inches in my belly and hips(probably mostly water but it’s still disheartening) and none of even my fat clothes fit.

I’m 10 months post hysterectomy so I feel like my hormones are affecting my situation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.