Meal timing & Calories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kathandgreg
    Participant

Hello! How much time should be given between meal times and how close is too close to eat them?
    Also, is it okay to drop my calories by 750 per day to shoot for 1 1/2 pound loss per week?

Naomi

Hey there- I’m not sure what meal plan you’re eating right now, but the calories are already pretty low in this phase for all of the meal plans. Dropping your calories by 750 per day is definitely way to steep of a drastic drop, and I would never recommend that much of a drop to anyone under any circumstances. Maybe start with decreasing your calories by 200 but even then, trying to maintain a steep caloric deficit isn’t always the best way to experience fat loss and body composition changes.

There are way too many factors involved in calculating someone’s body fat loss than what I can tell you without knowing so much more about what you’re planning on doing post-challenge and where your body is right now on your fitness journey.

Meals should be eaten about every 3-4 hours.

kathandgreg
    Participant

Hi Naomi,
    I was looking to drop 750 calories from my TDEE. Thoughts? Thank you!

Naomi

That is too drastic of a drop, in my opinion. I would slowly decrease your calories by 50 to 100 calories at a time and reassess every 10-14 days or so, then drop another 50-100 calories depending on your progress. Please read my reply above 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Nicole Wilkins