Nicole Wilkins

Need help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Today I tweaked my right knee at work walking and turning a corner 🙄 probably cause I’m heavy and working out really hard I’m really careful w form. I have Physio Tuesday for advise. In the mean time I’m good to do BBC all push and pull upper body and some lower body. But I’m scared to skip rope or do jump squats or chair up for cardio

Can you suggest a few exercise for my hiit that will n my make my heart pump and not involve my knee for a few days I do not want to skip my workouts. Also should I modify my meal plan during these few days in case my cardio is not as intense so I keep my good progress

Please advise

Naomi

Today I tweaked my right knee at work walking and turning a corner 🙄 probably cause I’m heavy and working out really hard I’m really careful w form. I have Physio Tuesday for advise. In the mean time I’m good to do BBC all push and pull upper body and some lower body. But I’m scared to skip rope or do jump squats or chair up for cardio

Can you suggest a few exercise for my hiit that will n my make my heart pump and not involve my knee for a few days I do not want to skip my workouts. Also should I modify my meal plan during these few days in case my cardio is not as intense so I keep my good progress

Please advise

I am so sorry you tweaked your knee 🙁

Don’t change the meal plan, the meal plan is already geared toward fat loss and there is no way to advise how much or little you should change it. It’s just a few days, and you will still be making progress because you will still be eating in a deficit.

For cardio, if you have access (to these) you can do the following: swim, battle ropes, punching bag, medicine ball slams, or any combination of those exercises. Also, if you have access to an elliptical, this may be low-impact enough to not irritate or exacerbate your knee but I would check with the physio doc before doing the elliptical to make sure it is ok to use.

Bets of luck, please keep us posted!

Cant swim because pools are closed cause of covid

So for exemple if I do shoulder tap planks, mountain climbing does not cause pain, pretend to punch the punching bag I just need ideas for 2 or 3 other exercise to use in my cardio workouts

To make my heart pump

Naomi

Cant swim because pools are closed cause of covid

So for exemple if I do shoulder tap planks, mountain climbing does not cause pain, pretend to punch the punching bag I just need ideas for 2 or 3 other exercise to use in my cardio workouts

Plank hold (30-60 seconds) will get your heart racing like crazy, as will fast sit-ups or bicycles. You can do wall push-ups as well. When you do the present punching bag, if you have 1-3lbs dumbbells, it would increase the intensity to punch with the dumbbells in your hands.

westpleasureql
    Participant

My right elbow is painful just lifting a glass of water to drink. Feels like what I would describe as tennis elbow. It’s just in my right elbow. I have been icing it off and on. Haven’t done upper body since last Wednesday and skipped Saturday as well. I ordered a sleeve for it. It’s strange it’s just one elbow hurting. I am right handed, so I know my right arm is dominate. Any suggestions to help alleviate the pain? Is it possible I am lifting wrong? I’ve made so much progress, so I really don’t want to fall behind in the challenge. I tried to do Monday’s Upper Body Metcom, but was to painful yesterday and today. I did do today’s leg day. Do the sleeves help? I know I need to rest it to heal it, but I don’t want to loose my gains. Thank you!

Naomi

My right elbow is painful just lifting a glass of water to drink. Feels like what I would describe as tennis elbow. It’s just in my right elbow. I have been icing it off and on. Haven’t done upper body since last Wednesday and skipped Saturday as well. I ordered a sleeve for it. It’s strange it’s just one elbow hurting. I am right handed, so I know my right arm is dominate. Any suggestions to help alleviate the pain? Is it possible I am lifting wrong? I’ve made so much progress, so I really don’t want to fall behind in the challenge. I tried to do Monday’s Upper Body Metcom, but was to painful yesterday and today. I did do today’s leg day. Do the sleeves help? I know I need to rest it to heal it, but I don’t want to loose my gains. Thank you!

Hey there- I am so sorry you are experiencing that 🙁 It is really hard to make any kind of recommendations since it could potentially be a medical injury and is out of our scope of practice. Without knowing the extent of the damage or what kind of injury it might be, I can’t really make any suggestions for exercise modifications for upper body.

I would advise that you continue with as many lower body and ab exercises as you are able to do, stay on top of your nutrition 100% and go to an ortho to seek medical advise regarding your elbow.

Best of luck, please keep us posted 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.