Nicole Wilkins

Nutrition

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

musicmayhem24
    Participant

So this is my 3rd challenge since last October. I’ve followed the meal plan 3 for the first challenge, then decided to try meal plan 2 for the next 2. But I feel like when I get the third phase of nutrition, my energy bottoms out. I’m 5’6 3/4” so that’s why I’ve not been sure which one is right for me.
    So…which one should I be following? And what do you guys do when your energy bottoms out (any mommas out there…I’ve got a 5,4 and 2 year old). I’m tired of making excuses and falling into old habits when I crash and burn like that.
    Also..anyone else struggling with water retention and joint pain in your hands? I’ve been trying to narrow down the source (salt, caffeine?)
    Any responses will help

Naomi

So this is my 3rd challenge since last October. I’ve followed the meal plan 3 for the first challenge, then decided to try meal plan 2 for the next 2. But I feel like when I get the third phase of nutrition, my energy bottoms out. I’m 5’6 3/4” so that’s why I’ve not been sure which one is right for me.
    So…which one should I be following? And what do you guys do when your energy bottoms out (any mommas out there…I’ve got a 5,4 and 2 year old). I’m tired of making excuses and falling into old habits when I crash and burn like that.
    Also..anyone else struggling with water retention and joint pain in your hands? I’ve been trying to narrow down the source (salt, caffeine?)
    Any responses will help

Hey there- it sounds like you should be following meal plan 3 for the challenges, as that is more in-line with your height requirements, but it totally depends on your goals and how your body is responding, also.

As far as lower energy in Phase 3, that is completely normal. Actually, it would be unusual for anyone to be in a caloric deficit and not experience low energy and strength. That is just part of the caloric deficit process, which is why it is not sustainable long-term.

Regarding water retention and joint pain in your hands, you may not be eating enough sodium, potassium, zinc, magnesium, iron and other minerals, electrolytes and other micronutrients. Try increasing your intake of sodium and other micronutrients and minerals listed, as well as make sure you’re drinking close to a gallon of water a day, and see if that helps 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Nicole Wilkins
Lost your password?