Nicole Wilkins

Phase 3 – Monday Workout

Home Forums 10 Week Photo Shoot Ready Challenge 2020 Phase 3 – Monday Workout

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    georgiaehle
    georgiaehle
    Participant

Do you treat the 6 exercises as one large set or do you do 5 sets of the standing barbell press and move on to the next exercise?

Naomi

Do you treat the 6 exercises as one large set or do you do 5 sets of the standing barbell press and move on to the next exercise?

Hey there- you will do 5 sets of each exercise before moving on to the next exercise in the sequence, then to five sets of that exercise before moving on.

If it were one big giant set, it would say “Giant Set” at the top 🙂 So you will do all five sets of one exercise, then proceed to the next exercise of five sets.

I hope this helps, good luck and have a GREAT workout and awesome Phase 3!!! 😀

ania.4dunn
    Participant

Hello. I am very confused by this workout. Can you please clarify the workout sequence?

I think what’s confusing is when it states complete 5 Rounds of the Following, and then shows 5 sets x (reps).
    Are we just doing a total of 5 sets of said exercise, or 5 rounds x 5 sets/exercise (this could be interpreted as 5 rounds of 5 totaling 25 sets).

Thank you in advance : )

narby67
    Participant

Following

ania.4dunn
    Participant

I’m going to go off last couple of challenges’ metabolic conditioning workouts and treat this as each round being essentially a giant set, then rest, x 5 rounds. It makes the most sense that way.
    Thank you.

georgiaehle
    georgiaehle
    Participant

Ania
    Naomi said if it was a giant set it would say “giant set” at the top. I’m assuming…do 5 sets of one before moving on to the next exercise. I think it’s the wording that’s confusing. It says rounds, and rest 2 min after each round. Again, I’m assuming it’s sets.

Naomi

Hello. I am very confused by this workout. Can you please clarify the workout sequence?

I think what’s confusing is when it states complete 5 Rounds of the Following, and then shows 5 sets x (reps).
    Are we just doing a total of 5 sets of said exercise, or 5 rounds x 5 sets/exercise (this could be interpreted as 5 rounds of 5 totaling 25 sets).

Thank you in advance : )

“Rounds” and “Sets” are the same thing, these two words are interchangeable. You will do 5 rounds/sets of each exercise before moving on to the next one. Sorry for any confusion, good luck I phase 3! 🙂

chavon holzapfel
    Participant

Oh no… not feeling deserving of my bowl of fruit or my 2 minute rest periods today 🙁 I TOTALLY did that workout wrong. It’s only 7:00 am- I’ve got the whole day to make it right

georgiaehle
    georgiaehle
    Participant

Calculating all that rest time …(2 min) after each round/set would be a full hour of just rest? Doesn’t make sense.

jennifer.romero851
    Participant

I think Naomi may need to double check that one? It looks like a giant set, and makes the most sense as a giant set.

Naomi

I think Naomi may need to double check that one? It looks like a giant set, and makes the most sense as a giant set.

Typically if it is to be performed in one giant set, it usually says “Giant Set” or “Circuit” otherwise it is a straight set. But I will verify with Nicole and get back with you all ASAP.

Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster

Hey everyone,
    After you complete the warm up for the workout, you are to perform all exercises in a row, rest 2 minutes and then repeat again for a total of 5 rounds. It is not straight sets.

chelfigure
    Participant

Just finished one round….thanks for the confirmation! It’s AWESOME! A FAT BURNER FOR SURE! Thank you so much for this awesome challenge….I was struggling and I’ve found myself again! Looking forward to working with your trainers after this!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.