Nicole Wilkins

Progress

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Chaps78
    Participant

I am 5’3″ 141lbs and have been on Meal Plan 1 for the entire challenge. I have done my very best to get exact measurements and foods types (it’s challenging when I go out to sea -Navy- and have to eat whatever food is served -more FP than LP and not good quality SC- I also discovered that a food scale does not work on a ship rocking in the ocean #facepalm). I have been consistent with my workouts and training hard even at sea I figure it out. I’m sore and joints are aching all the time (should I wear knee/wrist wraps?) and have no energy and I’m always hungry. I have not lost any weight, but I do see changes in the mirror. My scale calculates body mass percentages and has only changed 0.1% in fat reduction and muscle increase – prob not accurate. Like many, I am trusting the process, but I thought I’d be losing a little more girth as I’ve been eating about 300 calories less than I was before the challenge. Any suggestions for any of these issues? Sorry for the long post and thanks so much!

Naomi

I am 5’3″ 141lbs and have been on Meal Plan 1 for the entire challenge. I have done my very best to get exact measurements and foods types (it’s challenging when I go out to sea -Navy- and have to eat whatever food is served -more FP than LP and not good quality SC- I also discovered that a food scale does not work on a ship rocking in the ocean #facepalm). I have been consistent with my workouts and training hard even at sea I figure it out. I’m sore and joints are aching all the time (should I wear knee/wrist wraps?) and have no energy and I’m always hungry. I have not lost any weight, but I do see changes in the mirror. My scale calculates body mass percentages and has only changed 0.1% in fat reduction and muscle increase – prob not accurate. Like many, I am trusting the process, but I thought I’d be losing a little more girth as I’ve been eating about 300 calories less than I was before the challenge. Any suggestions for any of these issues? Sorry for the long post and thanks so much!

Hey there- good for you for doing everything that you can given your assignments at sea. My suggestion is to just keep doing what you’re doing. Depending on where you started from, what your metabolism is like and how slowly or quickly your body responds, your progress might look different than someone else’s and theirs will look different from someone else’s, etc. If you are making progress in any way, that means it is working, your body is responding and you are making progress in the right direction. You will likely even see faster progress as you go along, as you continue to gain muscle, eat healthy and your metabolism gets faster and more efficient 😉

Keep up the great work!

Chaps78
    Participant

Thank you! I will only have to be at sea another week and a half before the end of the challenge, so I’m gonna do as much as I can to really work with what I have on the ship 🙂 You guys are the best!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.