Nicole Wilkins

Proper Macros

Home Forums Nutrition Proper Macros

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kirsten.stephens
    kirsten.stephens
    Participant

I am new here, as of today 🙂 – yay! I have a question regarding my proper macros/calories if anyone can help, please. I am not sure if I am eating the correct macros/calories for cutting (without losing too much muscle). Currently, I am eating 1498 calories of which 50% is protein, 30% is carbohydrates, and 20% is fat. I used to weight 236# but have lost down to 193#. I am 5’6″ and I am at 32.3%BF. Seems that my progress is stalling a bit although I have gone through and refigured and re-examined everything I am eating. There is so much overwhelming advice out on the internet, but I feel like I can find out what advice I truly need here. Thank you in advance!

Naomi

Hi Kirsten- I wish I could help you, but it is so hard to say because it depends on a ton of factors:
    – how much sleep are you getting
    – do you have a lot of stress
    – do you sit most of the day
    – what is your activity level
    – what are your strength-training workouts like (how often, how long, what type, how heavy/intense, etc)
    – how much of what type of cardio are you doing per week and for how long
    – do you have any health issues, especially hormonal/metabolic issues
    – are you taking any medication
    – do you have a history of yo-yo dieting that could have cause your metabolism to slow down
    – do you have any food allergies, intolerances, GI issues or other food challenges
    – what are your food sources and the quality of your food (processed or mostly natural foods)

All of the above factors come into play when determining someone’s nutritional needs (calories/macros/food sources) so I don’t want to just give you a blanket answer that may not be applicable to you and your life and body.

Does this make sense? If your body isn’t responding, then something needs to change for sure, but I have no idea where to even start because there is so much information that I don’t know.

We do offer personalize training that includes detailed nutritional guidance, structured detailed workouts and cardio. If you are interested, you can fill out these on-lie forms to get started: https://nicolewilkins.com/training/

Best of luck with all of your goals, and I hope you’ll be able to work with me, Maureen or Nicole to help you reach those goals! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.