Nicole Wilkins

Pumkin Muffins

Home Forums 40 Day Build Challenge 2020 Pumkin Muffins

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

acone
    Participant

I cooked the muffins yesterday and followed the directions to a T. Mine came out really really dry. Like cardboard. Did this happen to anybody else? If not, does anybody have any tips for me? Also, i am trying to use the exchange list and cant get the macros correct. They are way off. I cant seem to find exchange items that work. Thanks so much!!

Naomi

I cooked the muffins yesterday and followed the directions to a T. Mine came out really really dry. Like cardboard. Did this happen to anybody else? If not, does anybody have any tips for me? Also, i am trying to use the exchange list and cant get the macros correct. They are way off. I cant seem to find exchange items that work. Thanks so much!!

Hey there- you can choose any of the other meals in your meal plan, even eat another meal more than once, in place of the muffins if they aren’t coming out right. You can try adding some water to the recipe if the muffins are too dry and see if that helps. I hope some of these suggestions help you! 🙂

patricia prudhomme
    Participant

I made the muffins today ,checked them at 20 minutes and they were ready, .I think if I had baked them for the full 25 minutes they would have been to dry ….Start checking at 15 minutes . Hope this will help

ruygrats4
    Participant

I’m on meal plan 1 woman’s and I did 3oz of greek yogurt instead of the 6oz (which is a full serving) as it states 1/2 serving and then the macros worked.

Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster

I’m on meal plan 1 woman’s and I did 3oz of greek yogurt instead of the 6oz (which is a full serving) as it states 1/2 serving and then the macros worked.

12 oz is a full serving on the food exchange list. So 6oz would be 1/2 serving.

tjay
    tjay
    Participant

Can someone tell me what size can of pumpkin is used for the recipe? My store only has the 30oz cans. I tried this can and even after 35 mins of baking the muffins were still very wet. Very very soggy. Any help.

Naomi

Can someone tell me what size can of pumpkin is used for the recipe? My store only has the 30oz cans. I tried this can and even after 35 mins of baking the muffins were still very wet. Very very soggy. Any help.

Hey Tjay- the recipe calls for 1 cup of canned pumpkin, not one can 😉 One cup is about 245g or 8oz.

tjay
    tjay
    Participant

I don’t think I could have laughed any harder….Hahahaha I totally only saw CAN. No wonder why they were so wet 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’ll chalk it up to Blonde Moment 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

Naomi

I don’t think I could have laughed any harder….Hahahaha I totally only saw CAN. No wonder why they were so wet 🤣🤣🤣🤣. I’ll chalk it up to Blonde Moment 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

LOL, it does look like “can” at first glance — I knew when you read my answer you would be like OMG! You are too cute, girl, all good!! xo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.