Nicole Wilkins

RECIPES WANTED

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Author

andrea_gurine
    Participant

Curious what flavor or brand lite vinaigrette everyone is using for the quinoa salad. Need some ideas and inspiration

pholoylwbrkrd
    pholoylwbrkrd
    Participant

1 part vinegar 3 parts oil
    Use herbs as you desire for flavor
    Salt pepper to taste as you desire
    Use emerging blender to cream up

Small teaspoon of mustard amps up the spice and creamy consistency to a homemade dressing

I dont add sugar. I use champagne or apple cider vinegar or go to specialty store that sells flavored vinegars (watch sugars) 😉

andrea_gurine
    Participant

For meal 2 option 1 on the off day I tore up the 2 muffins, mixed them in to the yogurt then substituted almond butter for the butter mixing that in as well. I had a little fat and calories to spare so I used 1T almond butter. It didn’t look great but tasted fantastic.

Klaplante921
    Participant

I’ve never been an oatmeal eater. Please share your favorite recipes or the clever ways you prepare/consume oatmeal. Convert me to be an oatmeal eater.

Becky Martin
    Becky Martin
    Participant

Make pancakes Grind up the oats and use the exchange list to add eggs, and baking powder. Or make french toast using the exchange list.

Jaynelle Didway
    Participant

Klaplante921: I put my oatmeal in a shake. Often times I dont have time to eat in the morning so I make a shake with the following ingredients Yogurt, fruit, protein powder, oatmeal and a little water to get the thickness the way I like it. I mix in my bullet so everything blends well. Hope that helps! Oh, I also add my multi-vitamins to it… I have this thing right now where I gag at the thought of swallowing a pill 😂

andrea_gurine
    Participant

I prefer the texture of oat bran to oatmeal. It is smoother, more like cream of wheat. My go to way to flavor is a healthy dose of cinnamon, 1 tsp coconut sugar or a splash of honey, a pinch of salt. If my meal plan calls for a fat I stir in 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter. I’ve also added spice like cardamom, nutmeg, clove. You could add some cocoa powder to make a chocolate version. It isn’t fancy but it satisfies my tastebuds!

mrsjholloway
    Participant

I use the Newman’s Own Lite Balsamic Vinagerette. Delicious!

krp12102
    krp12102
    Participant

Here are two easy recipes- for the 40’day build
    Plan 1: meal 1
    Sc- 40 grams oats
    1/2 fruit- 1/2 banana (mash up in mix- you can also do 1/4’banana and 25’gram blueberries- only mush up banana- cut blueberries in smaller pieces)
    1/2 lp- 2 egg whites; 1/4 protein powder
    1/2 fp 2 slices bacon
    2 dark choc chips in each pancake (around 8 chips)
    Mix all together and scoop into pan add choc chips once mix in pan. I put all of the mix iin pan then once starts to stick together I “cut” into 4 pieces. It’s more like an oatmeal cookie pancake

Plan 1 Meal 5
    1 LP- 1/2 protein powder and 1/2 egg whites (3 egg whites)
    1 mashed up banana
    1/2 SC- 20 grams oats
    2 dark choc chips in each pancake
    Mix all ingenious except choc chips
    Once in pan add choc chips on top in each pancake and push into middle of pancake.

ruygrats4
    Participant

I’m not a cooked oatmeal eater either but I have been putting in a bowl the dry oatmeal, frozen blueberries and cooked ground turkey. I microwave it for just over a minute then add some cinnamon to it and mush it all together. Doesn’t sound appealing but I really like it. I eat the turkey bacon on the side.

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.