Nicole Wilkins

Safe length of prep time

Home Forums Contest Prep Safe length of prep time

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kathryn
    Participant

Hi there.
    I did my first figure competition in November 2017. The following April I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and put on a meds. It is suspected that the extreme and fast weight loss during contest prep may have attributed to it.
    My thyroid numbers are fine now that I am on medication. I am planning on doing my second figure competition in May 2020, which is about 32-1/2 weeks away. I will need to lose about 25 pounds. What is a safe time to begin my contest prep?
    Thanks!!

Naomi

Hi there.
    I did my first figure competition in November 2017. The following April I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and put on a meds. It is suspected that the extreme and fast weight loss during contest prep may have attributed to it.
    My thyroid numbers are fine now that I am on medication. I am planning on doing my second figure competition in May 2020, which is about 32-1/2 weeks away. I will need to lose about 25 pounds. What is a safe time to begin my contest prep?
    Thanks!!

Hi Kathryn- I always think the more prep time you have, the better, so you can do kind of. “pre-prep prep” and give yourself 16-18 weeks of a slower, more gradual prep. It is really hard to say in great detail because I don’t know what you look like, how much of a muscle base you have, or how quickly your body would respond to a prep, and it depends on what the prep program looks like. What your stress levels and sleep habits are will also play a role in how well your body responds to prep. If you have a coach, I would discuss all of this with your coach 😉

I wish you the best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.