Nicole Wilkins

Shift worker

Home Forums 40 Day Build Challenge 2022 Shift worker

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Angie Lundquist
    Participant

Hi, my name is Angie my first time doing a challenge. I work as a nurse and work nights. Any suggestions what to eat if all my meals are eaten for the day? I normally try spread out my meals but sometimes get hungry on nights. What can I do so i dont start snacking on garbage…thanks

Naomi

Hi, my name is Angie my first time doing a challenge. I work as a nurse and work nights. Any suggestions what to eat if all my meals are eaten for the day? I normally try spread out my meals but sometimes get hungry on nights. What can I do so i dont start snacking on garbage…thanks

Hey there and welcome! It would help if you gave me an example of what times you are eating, when you are working and when you are sleeping. I have no frame of reference, so that would help me try to recommend an eating schedule.

Angie Lundquist
    Participant

For example on my transition day going to a night shift. I will eat in the morning 08:00, do my workout then have my post workout meal. I will have meal number 3 around 1-2ish, meal 4 around 5-6, meal 5 around 10-11 at night.Then I really have no more meals until 6 in the morning next day. Will have meal 1 around 6, then sometime meal 2 before I sleep. Sleep till 2-3, will have meal 3 and so on…my concern is if I am still hungry during the night at work what can I eat? Hope this makes sense.

Naomi

For example on my transition day going to a night shift. I will eat in the morning 08:00, do my workout then have my post workout meal. I will have meal number 3 around 1-2ish, meal 4 around 5-6, meal 5 around 10-11 at night.Then I really have no more meals until 6 in the morning next day. Will have meal 1 around 6, then sometime meal 2 before I sleep. Sleep till 2-3, will have meal 3 and so on…my concern is if I am still hungry during the night at work what can I eat? Hope this makes sense.

I would recommend breaking one or two of your meals into smaller meals so you can have some food/calories left over to eat when you feel hungry during the night, that is what I would recommend. Or, if you are eating a lot differently than what you were eating before the challenge started, you may just need a week or two for your body to adjust to the new way of eating and the hunger should subside. We’re still in the fist week, so it might just be your body adjusting to everything as well. But, again, you can try breaking up a meal or two so you can have extra food to eat when hungry.

I hope that helps! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.