Nicole Wilkins

Training and macro

Home Forums 35 Day BUILD Challenge Forums Training and macro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lori
    Participant

Can you please explain why protein lower on weight training days and higher on non training days??? If I use macro only and hit them does it matter if I eat exactly what’s on the food options?? Also is cardio fasted first thing and is steady state not recommended for muscle building. One more, do we increase weight with each set or each week??

Naomi

Hi Lori-

Nicole set up the carbs higher/protein lower on weight training days for more energy to use for heavier/more intense workouts, and protein is higher/carbs lower on rest days to help your body/muscles build while recovering/resting.

This program is not an If It Fits Your Macros approach. If you choose to eat foods not on the meal plan, we can’t say how much those foods will or will not affect your progress. If you feel comfortable doing that and confident in your food choices than that is up to you, but we advise sticking as closely to the meal plan for best results 🙂

For cardio in this program it is not recommended to do it fasted first thing in the morning since this is a muscle building program. Nicole recommends HIIT 3x’s per week for 30 minutes for this particular program.

Ideally, you should be increasing your weight as the reps go down, yes.

Lori
    Participant

Naomi is it best to do my cardio after my first meal then weight train or eat then train then cardio??

Naomi

Hi Lori- Definitely eat, then weight train, then cardio 🙂

Lori
    Participant

Thanks Naomi! Nice shoulders by the way! Your profile picture is looking awesome!

Naomi

Lol, thank you!! I hope you had a great first week of the challenge, now kill it the second week! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.