Nicole Wilkins

Understanding Macro's

Home Forums 40 Day Summer Shred Challenge 2019 Forums Understanding Macro's

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dfontanez01
    Participant

Hi,
    I felt a little hesitant asking this question on this forum as I felt like I might be the only person who is lost when in comes to understanding macro’s, but what the heck..
    I know that macro’s refers to fats, protein and carbs, however, Tracking macro’s is a new concept for me.
    The fact that the nutrition is all figured out for me in this challenge is great because I would be lost otherwise. My question is how do you calculate macro’s? How do I know what is right for me (outside the challenge). I’m just trying to get a handle on understanding this so when I’m done with the challenge, I don’t lose all the hard work I’ve been trying to put in (just planning ahead). I have seen several post from people referring to macro’s and discussing if it’s sums are correct and so forth and I am completely lost. Please shed some light on this for me. Thanks.

Naomi

Hey there! The first place to start is by downloading a food tracking app such as My Fitness Pal, if you haven’t already: https://www.myfitnesspal.com

My FitnessPal has a wealth of information regarding how to set and track macros. There really isn’t a blanket “this is what you need to do” set point, as what you do after the challenge really depends on your goals and how your body responds to your meal plan and workouts.

Here are some general questions/answers on how to start calorie and macro counting: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/topics/455841-general-questions-getting-started/articles

If you are interested in working with one of the trainers on Nicole’s Personal Training/Coaching Team to help you learn how to specifically create personalized calories, macros and corresponding meal plans, you can email: training@nicolewilkins.com to find out more info 🙂

I hope this helps! Good luck! 😀

dfontanez01
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I do have the myfitnesspal app. I did see under nutrition how it has my macro’s in chart form with percentages. I just wasn’t sure if that was where I needed to be (outside the challenge) and or how to figure out setting it up where I need to be. I will def look into it further and yes I will contact someone on the team. Thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.