Nicole Wilkins

Weight oats

Home Forums Nutrition Weight oats

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

atwoodbrenda
    Participant

How much does 50 g of dry oats weigh in grans after they’re cooked? Or could it be a half a cup?

I accidentally cooked a whole bunch of dry oats and didn’t measure them so now they are cooked I don’t know how much I should eat

Naomi

How much does 50 g of dry oats weigh in grans after they’re cooked? Or could it be a half a cup?

I accidentally cooked a whole bunch of dry oats and didn’t measure them so now they are cooked I don’t know how much I should eat

Hey there- this is really tricky because it all depends on how much water you added to the dry oats before cooking them. People add different amounts of water depending on how runny or dry you like your cooked oats, which is why you need to measure them dry. There is no way for me to tell you what the correct weight is because I don’t know how much water you added.

atwoodbrenda
    Participant

OK thank you Naomi.. I’ll check this up as a lesson learned for now I’m gonna eat a half cup my oats aren’t ready they’re fairly firm. And then from here on out I will make sure I remember to measure dry

Grupka
    Participant

I know this isn’t too much help but after cooking mine with water (a tad bit extra) 4 servings of 40g of oats came out to around 270-ish grams PER SERVING cooked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.