Nicole Wilkins

ZMA question

Home Forums Supplements ZMA question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

CindiJ
    Participant

Hi Nicole/all.

I was wondering and apologies if you have already answered this one elsewhere. Have you heard of the ZMA supplement and what are your thoughts?

I read about it recently in an article and was curious.
    Thank you!
    Cindi

Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster

I think it is fine to take and is beneficial if you are having a tough time sleeping. But it is not just a sleep aid.

Research has shown that it is effective for enhancing muscle recovery, boosting muscle size and strength and even helping with fat loss. Zinc and magnesium are two critical minerals, so ZMA is a very effective way to supplement with both of them.

CindiJ
    Participant

ohhhhhhh….. ok so that is kind of cool. I have heard about the muscle recovery etc side but not the sleep aid part. I was curious. Thank you Nicole!

P.S. This forum is AWESOME! 🙂

Rachel Allen
    Rachel Allen
    Participant

Just as a personal thing, I tried ZMA but it did give me weird dreams (this is documented as a side effect with some people) and actually very fitful, poor sleep.
    Although strangely, taking Zinc supplement (in the AM) and Magnesium supplement (in the PM) gives me fabulous sleep, helps with my recovery and has helped my skin!

CindiJ
    Participant

Hi Rachel,

Thank you heaps for that. Is always good to know the natural alternatives and I think I’d rather try that if anything.

Cindi

Robert
    Participant

I can only comment on zink.

It increases my testosterone level for sure! 😉
    It minimizes cold symptoms.
    Zinc increases the production of white blood cells that fight infection, which helps your immune system.
    It reduces the risk of prostate cancer as well.

Stephanie
    Participant

I can reply on magnesium – I recently started taking that at night and am having more sound and full night sleep. I’m not waking up as often.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.