Nicole Wilkins

Concerned about calories burned

Home Forums 60 Day Total Body Transformation Challenge 2021 Forums Training Concerned about calories burned

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

medavis032
    Participant

So, not trying to compare to others ~ but when I see folks posting their caloric burn for workouts, I am getting concerned I am doing something wrong and it may be why I am not progressing like I want.
    Typically on my Apple Watch – I’ve been burning around 230 to 240 per weight training session. I’ve been doing my cardio on Peleton (and giving it all I can – dripping sweat when I am done) and it’s even lower 200 to 215 calories.

I am timing my rest in between the lifts correctly. One minute for the compound exercises and 45 to 60 sec for supersets and Trieste. My dumbbells only go up to 25 lbs but there are only a very few exercises I use those anyway (bench press being one – one of my stronger areas).

What can I do? I’ve used the heart rate monitor with Peleton and not much difference either between what Peleton reads and Apple Watch. I would think on HIIT I would burn 100 calories per 10 minutes.

Any suggestions for phase 2 greatly appreciated.

Dessie Wilson
    Dessie Wilson
    Participant

I wouldn’t put too much weight into watches. I have a samsung galaxy 2 active and it tells me I burn over 1000 calories a day. And my fitbit that I had for years prior would have me closer to your numbers. Watches are so subjective. I do not believe my watch and if I didn’t like it for other reasons I’d toss it and go back to fitbit. It way overestimate my calories burned and my sleep.

valeriepicco
    valeriepicco
    Participant

My Apple Watch tells me the same as yours. I am also giving it my all!

I wouldn’t stress, just keep working out hard.

Jill
    Participant

Do you set your activity on the exercise button cos if you don’t that makes a difference

Alexus
    Participant

I find my Apple Watch is accurate as long as I set it for the activity I am doing. Are you finding you are out of breath and pushing yourself during the weight training?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.