Nicole Wilkins

Headaches

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hpboyer
    hpboyer
    Participant

Anyone else experiencing headaches in Phase 2? My first thought was hydration but I have been drinking over a gallon of water (my normal) every day. I’m getting my normal amount of sleep. Could it just be the lower amount of food I am eating that could be causing these?

Naomi

Anyone else experiencing headaches in Phase 2? My first thought was hydration but I have been drinking over a gallon of water (my normal) every day. I’m getting my normal amount of sleep. Could it just be the lower amount of food I am eating that could be causing these?

Hey there- I don’t think the decrease in calories could be the cause of headaches. What day did you start getting the headaches? Do you get them every day? How long do the headaches last? Do you get them multiple times of the day?

I would try to pay attention to different factors that may trigger the headaches, such as what time of day they occur, how long they occur and how frequently.

hpboyer
    hpboyer
    Participant

Naomi,
    Thanks for your response. Woke up Friday morning with a mild headache. I took Friday off from lifting and cardio because I worked before school (I work at a HS) and after school Friday (I work a second part-time job 4-5 days a week). Friday evening was better. I wasn’t able to eat all of my meals but normally not eating calories doesn’t give me headaches. I went to bed by 9am and was up at 5am Saturday morning. I work at our fitness facility at 7am and then I did cardio and the lifting workout. No headache Saturday morning but by Saturday evening, headache was back. Saturday I got all of meals in and drank well over a gallon of water. Couldn’t shake it so I went to bed around 9pm. Slept in until about 8:30am Sunday morning. (I never sleep in that late) Woke up with a pounding headache. Finally in the middle of the afternoon the headache went away. I did not lift nor do cardio Sunday and I don’t work. I have felt lethargic and tired the last 3-4 days or so and just haven’t had my normal energy. Any ideas? If not, it’s fine. I’m sure they will go away eventually. Thanks for your help.

Naomi

Thank you for giving more detail about your headaches. I can’t really see any correlation between your headaches and anything in particular with regard to your routine, so I am not sure what your headaches could be attributed to. A few things that could cause headaches:
    – that time of the month
    – fighting off a possible cold, other virus or bacteria
    – stress/tension
    – dry, cold air
    – allergies
    – too little sleep (doesn’t seem to be the case with your sleep)
    – dehydration (you seem to be drinking plenty)
    – high or low blood pressure
    – hormonal issues

I hope you’re feeling better today and hope the headaches subside! Best of luck in Phase 2 🙂

hpboyer
    hpboyer
    Participant

Naomi,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I’m not really sure either. My headaches are a little better today. Actually, they could be a result of several of the things you listed above or a combination. I do have very low blood pressure, it is that time of the month for me, the weather here in Ohio is crappy and even with a humidifier in my place, the air is still rather dry, I am stressed a bit and sickness/illness seems to be everywhere around me at school. So, you are absolutely correct. At any rate, again, thanks for your time.

ljacksonrn1
    Participant

I started getting more headaches than usual as well but am pretty sure it was due to using too much artificial sweeteners in coffee, greek yogurt,etc. Once I cut them out, my headaches went away. I hope you get some relief.

hpboyer
    hpboyer
    Participant

I think my headaches were a precursor to getting sick. My body couldn’t fight it off anymore so I called my insurance’s virtual doctor the other day and was prescribed the Z-pac for my really bad cough/chest congestion, head cold, low-grade fever, body aches, loss of appetite, etc….hoping to feel better soon.
    Thanks again for your responses and input.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.