Nicole Wilkins

Injury and Meal Plan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

katiepierson12
    Participant

Good Morning!

I unfortunately hurt my back last week and have needed to significantly decrease my activity. I am a fitness instructor and can’t even teach half a spin class without being in substantial pain this week. My question is if I should continue eating exactly as the plan indicates even though I am unable to to train like the plan states as of right now. I am still down a pound following the current meal plan. Didn’t know if I should adjust my calories to phase 2 Thanks for your input in advance.

Naomi

Good Morning!

I unfortunately hurt my back last week and have needed to significantly decrease my activity. I am a fitness instructor and can’t even teach half a spin class without being in substantial pain this week. My question is if I should continue eating exactly as the plan indicates even though I am unable to to train like the plan states as of right now. I am still down a pound following the current meal plan. Didn’t know if I should adjust my calories to phase 2 Thanks for your input in advance.

Hey there- I am so sorry about your injury! Which meal plan are you following, Meal Plan 1, 2 or 3?

cowen06
    Participant

I also have a question – I have bone on bone knees and did HIIT 3 days in a row which impacted my knee. It’s still swollen after a week and half and having a hard time doing the HIIT portion at such a high intensity. I am following Meal Plan 2 – should I adjust the calories for the lack of the HIIT/Cardio?

Naomi

I also have a question – I have bone on bone knees and did HIIT 3 days in a row which impacted my knee. It’s still swollen after a week and half and having a hard time doing the HIIT portion at such a high intensity. I am following Meal Plan 2 – should I adjust the calories for the lack of the HIIT/Cardio?

Hey there- if I am not mistaken, if you have bone-on-bone knee issues, you should never do any high impact cardio ever – no running or jumping or other cardio that causes your knees to have to absorb a high amount (high impact) shock. Have you ever discussed this with your doctor? Your knees do not have the cartilage necessary to absorb high impact shock of jumping movements and the pounding of running, etc.

I would only stick to low-impact cardio after the swelling in your knees go down. Make sure you ice your knees several times a day.

Since the calories are lower in Phase 2, I would not change anything about the meal plan, just be careful and don’t do anything your doctor would advise you no to do.

Best of luck!

cowen06
    Participant

I had knee surgery over 15 years ago and menopause has kicked my butt the last few years so to be honest I was trying to give it my all but then the knees thought otherwise LOL. Just wanted to make sure I was getting the best results possible and if I needed to adjust food since I can’t go all out. Thanks!

Naomi

I had knee surgery over 15 years ago and menopause has kicked my butt the last few years so to be honest I was trying to give it my all but then the knees thought otherwise LOL. Just wanted to make sure I was getting the best results possible and if I needed to adjust food since I can’t go all out. Thanks!

Just do the best you can without hurting yourself 😉 There really is no need to push so hard that you compromise your knees. You can get great results by swimming, doing any of the elliptical workouts, stationary bike cardio workouts or any other low-impact cardio and not have to change the meal plan.

Best of luck to you! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.