Nicole Wilkins

Lower Ab help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jlamothe0908
    jlamothe0908
    Participant

I posted this in a different area but never recieved a reply. I am wondering how to tighten up my lower abs. I have lost 10lbs and not looking to lose anymore but just want to tighten up, especially the lower abs.

Naomi

I posted this in a different area but never recieved a reply. I am wondering how to tighten up my lower abs. I have lost 10lbs and not looking to lose anymore but just want to tighten up, especially the lower abs.

Hey there! Are you looking to tighten up your lower abs as in lose body ft in that area or is it loose skin? Tightening up could either mean you want to lose excess body fat in an area or your skin is loose in that area, so if you could clarify for me then I’d be happy to offer some suggestions 🙂

jlamothe0908
    jlamothe0908
    Participant

Hi Naomi,
    I should have been more specific sorry. I just have that lower belly belly pooch that I can’t seem to get rid of. I have lost 10 lbs in about a year and I currently weigh 117 and I’m 5″4’so I am not interested in losing weight, just tightening up, like shrink wrap lol. How do you get rid of that lower belly fat, is more diet or cardio?

Thanks,
    JoAnn

Naomi

So, is the belly pooch fat or is it that your lower abs look a little distended, like a pooch in you stomach from eating too many vegetables and have gas type of pooch? This is what I’m confused about, if the pooch is from an accumulation of fat on the outside of your abdominal area or if it’s from your stomach on the inside.

If it’s a fat accumulation pooch I’m sure you’ve heard Nicole mention this before, or maybe not, but you can’t spot reduce fat loss. So in order to tighten up, you will need to lose body fat, and possibly body weight. If you are concerned about losing weight on the scale, but want to lose body fat and tighten up, this is a conflict, since you may have to lose weight in the form of losing body fat in order to tighten up.

Tightening up/losing body fat has more to do with your nutrition most likely than cardio, but it all has to work together in order for you to be in an energy expenditure deficit to lose body fat.

Does that make sense?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.