Nicole Wilkins

My Favorite Fitness Watch!

Home Forums General Chat My Favorite Fitness Watch!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster

I get a lot of questions about the watch I’m wearing so … here it is! This is my first time uploading an image so I hope it works 🙂

The watch is a Polar M400 Heart Rate Monitor. I’ve always worn Polar because I think they are the easiest to use, I’ve been a faithful Polar user for over 10 years.

– I like the functionality of it, it is a way for me to hold myself accountable – it tracks sleep, steps and is very accurate as far as measuring your heart rate and with calories burned during exercise.

– It also connects directly to MyFitnessPal so if you are using that to chart your calories and macros that is a great function.

– If you’re sitting too long it tells you that you need to move.

– I like the way it looks, I like big faces on my watches 🙂

Jeanine Tribley
    Participant

Thank you Nicole for sharing this!

I was wondering what watch you had on all of this time too! Fabulous that it connects to MFP – sounds like a watch I need to purchase soon!!

xo

Thanks for sharing! I was always wondering what you have on your wrist 😉
    Found it on Amazon, $175 seems reasonable, compared to iWatch.
    http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Sports-Watch-Heart-Monitor/dp/B00NPZ7WNA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444936200&sr=8-2&keywords=polar+m400

I am confused 🙁 Do you need to wear a chest strap with this watch all the time to get the heart rate reading?

Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster

Yes you do need to wear a chest strap when exercising to get a heart rate reading. I don’t mind it and find it is the most accurate when you do

jaceymacy
    jaceymacy
    Participant

Thank you Nicole! I have been wondering and I also use Polar which I find to be the best.

Lisa Snell
    Participant

I bought that watch over the weekend and could never get it to sync with the heart rate band. When I took it back they told me it has been discontinued so I exchanged it for a Fitbit surge. Loving it so far.

Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

I purchased a Fitbit surge last November instead of a polar because I wasn’t sure I would like wearing a strap. Now I am regretting my choice because I don’t feel that the Fitbit surge is very accurate at all in tracking my heart rate especially during training or calories burned. And when I sweat it doesn’t pick up my heart rate at all. I have to take it off and dry my wrist and the watch. Now I am going to buy the polar and strap. I’m just not sure if I should go with the M400 or the A300? Any suggestions????
    I definitely want a watch with the best accuracy to help me stay on target and keep me motivated. I really regret not checking out this forum before my purchase.

Lisa Snell
    Participant

I have heard that the ones with the strap are more accurate slightly. I actually bought the polar that Nicole wears (M400) and I had issues with it on day one. I noticed the box looked like it had been opened (possibly returned) so I took it back and got another one. Same thing-had issues with it not functioning properly so I went back to the store only to find out that it is discontinued. I bought the Fitbit Surge instead and have had no issues with it. However, I did buy a warranty on it which I think is smart when purchasing any of these since I have had a lot of problems with them in general in the past. Sounds like something seriously is wrong with your Fitbit. I have only had mine for a couple of months but so far so good. If it fails me, I will switch it out on my warranty plan for yet something else. I was told that even though the strap is more accurate, there is not that much difference in readings. Not sure if that is true, but that is was I was told by 3 different salesmen. I have had several polar strap based monitors in the past, none of which lasted over a year.

Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

Lisa, thank you for your input on your experience with both watches. I have decided to contact Fitbit customer service regarding my concerns before I make any decisions. I will update and let you know what I find out from them. Thank you again, I found your input to be very helpful.

Ranny
    Participant

Hi
    but isn´t it included in POLAR M400 with heart rate monitor in the watch itself?

Lisa Snell
    Participant

My recollection is that it does track heart rate but if you want more accurate readings during exercise, you can wear the strap.

Ranny
    Participant

Thank you Lisa ☺

Michelle
    Michelle
    Participant

Hey Lisa Snell, I wanted to thank you again for your input and let you know that I have given my Fitbit surge another chance and have really focused on how it works along with how the app works (since I had never had a fitness watch before). I was definitely premature in my judgement. I think my Fitbit surge is working just fine and I will say I love it and think that it is definitely more accurate than I was giving it credit for.

Lisa Snell
    Participant

Hey Michelle: Well I am so glad to hear that it is working for you now. There is nothing more disappointing than getting all excited about a new fitness aid only to find out that it is failing you miserably. I wasn’t sure how much I would really get out of wearing something like this at first. but I have to say it is pretty cool. I really am liking mine. I only take it off to bath and charge. I have sort of become an addict and it seems to me like it is pretty dang accurate. I also know that it is deadly accurate with regard to my sleep patterns.

So glad you are good to go now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.