Nicole Wilkins

Protein Waffle

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

hagertykristine
    Participant

Has anyone made the protein waffle yet? I made a couple last night and had one this morning for breakfast. No offense, but they are not very good. I’m surprisingly disappointed because I haven’t made a recipe of Nicole’s that hasn’t been delicious! Wondering if anyone has any tips to make them more palatable? Mine have a weird foam texture and are so dry they keep getting stuck in my throat 🙂 Maybe it is something that’s best eaten fresh? I’m really sad because I was looking forward to this being my breakfast for the next 4 weeks. Thanks!

narby67
    Participant

Following

erinsaeger
    Participant

Following

britany.bsf
    britany.bsf
    Participant

Try not cooking them as long. Protein powder is pretty temperamental when it comes to timing. Over cook it and it will dry out.
    Going to be a trial period I think. Could make pancakes instead, then you’ll have more control over the timing.
    Good luck.

mblucia
    Participant

I made it for the first time just now and it was absolutely fantastic. I used Nicole‘s protein powder and follow the recipe to a T. I did let the batter sit for 2 to 3 minutes like the recipe says. Personally I did not change anything about it and it was probably the best protein waffle I’ve ever had! So there is hope!! Lol.

Vickilubrano
    Vickilubrano
    Participant

I have made once & had the same experience. Very dry and hard to swallow. I made as a pancake as do not own a waffle maker ( might buy a small one) I think I just need to maybe add more water, cook for less time and just tinker with recipe a bit. Need more waffle practise 😂

monimoc30
    Participant

Mine a dry too. Also the recipe states 1 Portion so it makes 1 waffle correct?

Mritza Zecena
    Participant

You can use option 2 and make them, use 40g oat bran or oatmeal, 3 egg whites and a yolk, the other 3 egg white you can eat with spinach or any veg. or you can used half of protein powder mix with some 0 cal syrup and add it up, or 6 oz, yogurt fat free.

yose_bug
    Participant

Does this protein waffle recipe make 2or 3 waffles for everyone? Are we supposed to eat the all? The recipe says it’s 1 serving

Nela
    Nela
    Participant

Does the recipe make 1 or 2 per serving. I made 2 and they are very small and didn’t fill up the waffle iron.

staceyachristian
    staceyachristian
    Participant

I added the peanut butter that goes with the meal plan option to the recipe and they were great! I’d have used less baking powder because I can taste that. My batter filled my waffle iron. They’re very moist – however I am not using Nicole’s protein powder due to a dairy allergy. This could make a difference in how my waffles turned out compared to others.

Kerri Richards
    Kerri Richards
    Participant

Mine are delicious, I made them into pancakes rather than waffles and I love them. Just have to watch to not over cook.

jennifer jones
    jennifer jones
    Participant

If you’re using a different kind of protein powder and a cheaper one than it could be the reason. I stand by Nicole and all her recipes. I put PB on it with berries which makes it yummy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.