Nicole Wilkins

Thank you, Nicole!

Home Forums 40 Day Build Challenge 2019 Forums General Chat Thank you, Nicole!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

The Momster
    Participant

Hi Nicole,

I haven’t been much of a communicator during this challenge, but I really wanted to thank you for changing my life for the better. I’m a 52 year old wife and mom of two, but I had really been feeling much older than that. I had back pain, residual shoulder pain from a 2017 labrum repair, and chronic fatigue. As if that weren’t enough, I fell down the stairs and broke my foot this past July and proceeded to gain 10 lbs from sitting around. I was also addicted to sugar which only made everything worse. A friend of mine told me about this challenge and it sounded like the perfect way to motivate me to change. I admit that I was more than a little nervous about trying it. I was worried that I would have sugar withdrawal or that I wouldn’t be able to stick with the food program because I am not a good meal planner, but I was completely wrong. With the food exchanges, it was very easy for me to grab good food quickly and the protein and fat killed all of the sugar cravings that I thought I was going to have! So, for me, the food program was the easiest to stick to. The exercise program was harder for me because I was in such bad shape. I couldn’t even do one “boys style” push-up or a complete squat with just my body weight. I also couldn’t even do more than 3 mins of moderate cardio because I was so winded that I could barely breathe. Initially, I felt very discouraged because I was so weak, but I didn’t give up! I did what I could and every time I pushed myself a little harder. Now I can do 20 “boys style” push-ups and squat 75 lbs! My core is much stronger and my back pain and shoulder pain are almost completely gone. I no longer feel tired all the time which makes me really… HAPPY. It’s funny, I never really had happiness on my list of goals for this challenge, but getting stronger has given me just that! I used to worry that I would never be able to get in shape and that I would become feeble as I aged. I worried that I would have to rely on others for help. Now that I am stronger, I don’t even think about that. I feel confident in my ability to care for myself and others, which gives me peace in my mind and heart. And, yes, as cheesy as it might sound, I have you to thank for it. You created a way to motivate me (yes, $3,000 is a BIG motivator!) to improve my health; and, as I transformed physically, I also transformed mentally and emotionally. Anxiety and depression have been replaced with optimism, fear with calm, dread with hope. I could go on, but I’m pretty sure you get the drift. I didn’t intend for this post to turn into a novel, but I think it’s important for you to know how profound a difference you make in peoples’ lives. Even if there weren’t any prizes, I would still be a winner!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.