Nicole Wilkins

Tired/Headaches

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hpboyer
    hpboyer
    Participant

I’ve seen a few posts on here about feeling tired and sluggish during phase 2. Has anyone found any tips to help besides drinking more water and trying to get more sleep? I have participated in a number of Nicole’s challenges and while I know they each have different focuses, none of the second and third phases of the challenges, especially the Summer Shred last year, has left me as lethargic and tired as this one is/has. I have headaches almost daily & I struggle to get through the workouts. I am eating everything I am supposed to and have had good results. I am eating Meal Plan 2 bc I am 5’6 and currently weigh 130. I changed my cardio workouts so I am just doing the cardio for the allotted time (for example – instead of the doing the actual Hiit or interval workouts, I am just doing steady state cardio for the 30 or 40 minutes). I can only average about 6-7 hours of sleep a night because of my jobs (I am a teacher and personal trainer on the side). I take several vitamins including Nicole’s multi-vitamin. I am really struggling with energy levels so any tips and help would be greatly appreciated. Being a trainer, I know a lot about personal fitness and have never felt like this before so just seeking others opinions.
    Thanks in advance,
    Heather

Maureen
    Maureen

I’ve seen a few posts on here about feeling tired and sluggish during phase 2. Has anyone found any tips to help besides drinking more water and trying to get more sleep? I have participated in a number of Nicole’s challenges and while I know they each have different focuses, none of the second and third phases of the challenges, especially the Summer Shred last year, has left me as lethargic and tired as this one is/has. I have headaches almost daily & I struggle to get through the workouts. I am eating everything I am supposed to and have had good results. I am eating Meal Plan 2 bc I am 5’6 and currently weigh 130. I changed my cardio workouts so I am just doing the cardio for the allotted time (for example – instead of the doing the actual Hiit or interval workouts, I am just doing steady state cardio for the 30 or 40 minutes). I can only average about 6-7 hours of sleep a night because of my jobs (I am a teacher and personal trainer on the side). I take several vitamins including Nicole’s multi-vitamin. I am really struggling with energy levels so any tips and help would be greatly appreciated. Being a trainer, I know a lot about personal fitness and have never felt like this before so just seeking others opinions.
    Thanks in advance,
    Heather

Hi Heather,
    Do you know if the plan you are on now was less calories than what you were eating before and maintaining. It could be that it’s low for you. It could also be the shift from carbs to fats. Some of us don’t feel the same without that shot of carbs each day and don’t do as well with the higher fats. Besides the water, being in a deficit Other than what I stated above, I’m not sure why else you would feel that way. I personally feel more sluggish when the carbs are lower but fats are higher…but that’s just me. Not sure if my insights give you something to think about or not. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

hpboyer
    hpboyer
    Participant

Maureen,
    Thanks for your response. I have put so much time and thought into this and I think you are right when you say I’m feeling this way because of the shift from carbs to fats. It is a huge adjustment for me and my body. I was eating 1800 calories and 200g of carbs before this challenge began. Now I’m at 125g carbs. The big difference though is yes, I’ve always had more carbs in my meal plans. Until a few years ago, I had been a long-distance runner since I graduated college (about 20 years). During this time, I only dabbled with strength training and over the last few years, running and strength training have flip-flopped. This is the first time I have been on a meal plan like this where the shift of carbs to fats took place. Maybe it is just too much of an adjustment for my body and my lifestyle (I am always active). I will definitely still finish it out the best I can. I appreciate your feedback and advice. Thanks for your time.

Maureen
    Maureen

Maureen,
    Thanks for your response. I have put so much time and thought into this and I think you are right when you say I’m feeling this way because of the shift from carbs to fats. It is a huge adjustment for me and my body. I was eating 1800 calories and 200g of carbs before this challenge began. Now I’m at 125g carbs. The big difference though is yes, I’ve always had more carbs in my meal plans. Until a few years ago, I had been a long-distance runner since I graduated college (about 20 years). During this time, I only dabbled with strength training and over the last few years, running and strength training have flip-flopped. This is the first time I have been on a meal plan like this where the shift of carbs to fats took place. Maybe it is just too much of an adjustment for my body and my lifestyle (I am always active). I will definitely still finish it out the best I can. I appreciate your feedback and advice. Thanks for your time.

You are so welcome. It’s just another thing you learned about your body and how you feel. Information you can use going forward. If you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to ask.

hpboyer
    hpboyer
    Participant

Thanks Maureen, I appreciate again your help and time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.