Nicole Wilkins

Barbell sumo squats

Home Forums 35 Day BUILD Challenge Forums Training Barbell sumo squats

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tjay
    tjay
    Participant

Any advice….when doing barbell sumo squats, rep range 6-8, lifting a barbell up and onto my trap area to sumo squat is hard!! I had to have someone help put the 80# bar on me and then I was able to push out 12 squats. Should I use the Olympic bar and do them or stick with bb and do more reps? Hope that makes sense. I watched the video but it was just for db and bb link did not work.
    Thanks!

Donna Oliver
    Participant

i use the olympic bar, if that helps as its easier to get under from the rack
    Donna

Maureen
    Maureen

Any advice….when doing barbell sumo squats, rep range 6-8, lifting a barbell up and onto my trap area to sumo squat is hard!! I had to have someone help put the 80# bar on me and then I was able to push out 12 squats. Should I use the Olympic bar and do them or stick with bb and do more reps? Hope that makes sense. I watched the video but it was just for db and bb link did not work. Thanks!

Hi there,
    Have you tried the DB Sumo squats? But when talking about BB, I agree with Donna, Use the olympic bar and set up just like you were going to do regular squats…but your stance is just wider 🙂 Good luck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.