Nicole Wilkins

Broken finger & stitches

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jennifer2
    jennifer2
    Participant

This week has started off rough! While building a small fence on our land this weekend I ended up in an ER for a smashed right hand. Broke a finger near the joint (I tried to be tough but ouch) & needed stitches to close it back up as the joint came through the skin. I am off to see a hand surgeon tomorrow to make sure the tendons are going to heal correctly. The kind Doctor who reset & stitched me up said no cardio until stitches are out & no lifting for 6 weeks😱.
    I will find out more from the hand surgeon his thoughts on surgery & if cardio is ok once stitches are out as I move to his care tomorrow. I was already behind due to getting the flu & bronchitis during phase 1. I have lost 4 inches in my hips, 3 in my waist & lost 8 pounds even though I was behind! I have enjoyed this challenge minus my own health challenges thrown into the mix. Hoping to stay on meal plan & if no extra surgery is needed do legs & cardio. I won’t finish timely but want to continue as my doctors allow!

Naomi

This week has started off rough! While building a small fence on our land this weekend I ended up in an ER for a smashed right hand. Broke a finger near the joint (I tried to be tough but ouch) & needed stitches to close it back up as the joint came through the skin. I am off to see a hand surgeon tomorrow to make sure the tendons are going to heal correctly. The kind Doctor who reset & stitched me up said no cardio until stitches are out & no lifting for 6 weeks😱.
    I will find out more from the hand surgeon his thoughts on surgery & if cardio is ok once stitches are out as I move to his care tomorrow. I was already behind due to getting the flu & bronchitis during phase 1. I have lost 4 inches in my hips, 3 in my waist & lost 8 pounds even though I was behind! I have enjoyed this challenge minus my own health challenges thrown into the mix. Hoping to stay on meal plan & if no extra surgery is needed do legs & cardio. I won’t finish timely but want to continue as my doctors allow!

Oh no, Jennifer, I am so sorry!! I hope everything goes well with the surgeon appt, please keep us posted! And please listen to whatever the surgeon and your doctors advise you to do (and NOT to do 😉 ) xo

jennifer2
    jennifer2
    Participant

Naomi,
    Good News no surgery as long as I follow his orders. This means no working out for 4 weeks but so excited no surgery is needed. So I will stay on diet and do my light walking I am allowed to do and then finish up after the challenge ends. I pray that everyone stays injury free and has fun with the last few weeks!

Naomi

Naomi,
    Good News no surgery as long as I follow his orders. This means no working out for 4 weeks but so excited no surgery is needed. So I will stay on diet and do my light walking I am allowed to do and then finish up after the challenge ends. I pray that everyone stays injury free and has fun with the last few weeks!

That is GREAT news Jennifer! YAY!! You can still focus on your nutrition and some activity, so that is AWESOME! All you can do is the best you can with what you have to work with, and you can make some great progress with what you have to work with 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.