Nicole Wilkins

Cous Cous

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kerri Richards
    Kerri Richards
    Participant

Is there a particular Cous Cous that should be used. It seems the macros are all over the place on different brands. I use the Rice Select Cous Cous original and my sister bought Near East original.

Naomi

Is there a particular Cous Cous that should be used. It seems the macros are all over the place on different brands. I use the Rice Select Cous Cous original and my sister bought Near East original.

Hi Kerri- Nicole didn’t specify a specific brand, but I would try to find one that is as close to the macros listed for that meal in the meal plan, depending on what meal plan you’re on. I’m not sure how tall you are, but let’s just use Meal Plan 2 as an example: the total amount of carbs per meal would be 27g of carbs. I would try to measure out the amount needed to total the grams of carbs per meal. What are the differences in macros per serving for the two brands you mentioned? And are the serving sizes the same?

Kerri Richards
    Kerri Richards
    Participant

So I’m 5’9 and on meal plan 3, my sister is meal plan 2. The couscous I use is 1/4 cup = 160 cal, 6g protein. 33g carbs and 1g fat.

The near east my sister uses is 1/3 cup = 200 cals, 7g protein, 42g carbs, .5g fat.

Naomi

So I’m 5’9 and on meal plan 3, my sister is meal plan 2. The couscous I use is 1/4 cup = 160 cal, 6g protein. 33g carbs and 1g fat.

The near east my sister uses is 1/3 cup = 200 cals, 7g protein, 42g carbs, .5g fat.

Ahhh, gotcha! If you look at the exchange list, the serving of carbs for cous cous should equal 25g of carbs per serving, and 10g of carbs per serving of zucchini. For meal plan 2, the total carbs for each meal should be about 27g of carbs and for meal plan 3 the total carbs for each meal should be about 29g of carbs per meal.

What I recommend doing for moth of you is measure out the serving of cous cous for each brad that you got to equal between 17-19g of carbs since the zucchini for the meal you are talking about will make up the rest of the 10g of carbs.

Does that make sense?

Naomi

Also, make sure you’re measuring the cous cous after you’ve cooked it, and make sure the entry in MFP you’re looking up is the cooked measurement, not dry. The measurement and serving size on the cous cous box will be the dry measurement, so it will be off. I hope I’m not confusing you lol!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.