Nicole Wilkins

Feeling discouraged

Home Forums 40 Day Build Challenge 2019 Forums General Chat Feeling discouraged

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

Ok hear me out, I’m feeling discouraged and need some assistance.

Weeks 1-4 I felt great, I felt lean even though I was building muscle. Never felt tired or bloated.

Week 5 came and all of a sudden that Monday, and since then, I feel so fluffy and thick everywhere. I thought it was a one day thing but here it is Thursday and getting worse. My face looks puffy, my pants feel tighter, my abs are gone and replaced by bloat.

What should I do for week 6 so that at least for my after pics it looks like I’ve actually gained some progress? Should I up the cardio, decrease the carbs, or what?

I know I don’t stand a chance at winning, it’s not about that, but I just want to feel and look better at the end of the challenge.

Maureen
    Maureen

HI there,
    I am sorry you are discouraged at this point. My first question would be, did you change anything, a meal, timing of something. Anything you can think of that would be different. Carbs hold water……so in turn that can leave you feeling that way at times when you are trying to “build” more muscle. Alot of times in a building phase, we can gain some extra fat along with some muscle. I am sure that’s not an unfamiliar piece of knowledge for you. I would look back and see if you changed anything….if you feel uncomfortable, it also could depend on where your macros were before you started…were they a big jump for you? If they were then maybe you would like to decrease them a bit at this point. Just to get you feeling better. Nobody wants to feel uncomfortable. Thats never the goal. Does that help at all?

Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

Thank you Moe for taking the time to respond. It wasn’t a huge jump since I had just finished the photo shoot challenge, I think it’s an increase of 200 calories but I can’t remember how many g if carbs we were eating.

The weird thing is how I felt great for the first 4 weeks and now not so much. I changed my meal 1 on some days due to working out at a different time maybe that’s it? But such a drastic difference in bloat/gas in just a few days? It’s odd, I never get bloated or affected by anything. I’ll go back to what I did week 1 tomorrow and see how I feel.

Thank you!

Maureen
    Maureen

Thank you Moe for taking the time to respond. It wasn’t a huge jump since I had just finished the photo shoot challenge, I think it’s an increase of 200 calories but I can’t remember how many g if carbs we were eating.

The weird thing is how I felt great for the first 4 weeks and now not so much. I changed my meal 1 on some days due to working out at a different time maybe that’s it? But such a drastic difference in bloat/gas in just a few days? It’s odd, I never get bloated or affected by anything. I’ll go back to what I did week 1 tomorrow and see how I feel.

Thank you!

Ok! Keep us/me posted. I hope to get to the bottom of it. Let’s hope for less bloated days and keep pushing big weights champ!

Mimi
    Participant

Jessica, I did this as well. Felt great the first 4 weeks and then all of a sudden i feel like a little balloon. Been trying to figure out what I did differently as well. I have not given up and just keep plugging away and hoping it resolves itself, but will say I have had to push a little harder to maintain a positive attitude. Hope you find resolve.

izabella88
    izabella88
    Participant

I’m there with you as well. I’ve been feeling pretty discouraged for a couple weeks already and I know exactly why but figure I’ll do my best. I’ve got a 2.5 month old, so sleep is very scarce and I know how important it is when it comes to goals regarding fitness. But I decided to go through with this anyway.

Hang in there!

The way I look at it is, we’ve got one more week left, stay off the scale, don’t measure yourself until the bitter end. The less stress, the better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.