Nicole Wilkins

HR range for us that are 50+

Home Forums 60 Day Build & Burn Challenge 2023 Training HR range for us that are 50+

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sherry.koller
    Participant

Please provide a reminder of the suggested heartrate range for both HIIT and Intervals for those of us that are over 50. Thank you!

Naomi

Please provide a reminder of the suggested heartrate range for both HIIT and Intervals for those of us that are over 50. Thank you!

Every individual is different, so I would recommend going based off of rate of perceived exertion instead of HR Range since one person’s high range of 165-170 for example might be someone else’s moderate range. Here is more info on how to gauge RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion): https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/measuring/exertion.htm

I hope this helps! best of luck with the challenge 🙂

sherry.koller
    Participant

Thank you!

Kristy Safarians
    Participant

Sherry,

I too had asked this in the past (I’m 55). You can go down a rabbit hole too finding information on what percent you should be in for what level too. They’re all fairly close, this website does a pretty good job of explaining the different levels/percentages: https://www.verywellfit.com/heart-zone-training-3432619#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20easiest%20ways,subtracting%20that%20number%20from%20208.

I’ve calculated all of mine and took a picture and have a cheat sheet so I can have the numbers for what we’re trying to accomplish! Good luck and I hope this helps and doesn’t make it more confusing.

sherry.koller
    Participant

Great idea for the cheat sheet. Thanks for the link.

kathleenmariemt
    Participant

And always be aware of medications you may be on that lowers your pulse. Obviously, you won’t hit any of the targets.

sherry.koller
    Participant

Yes, thank you for the reminder

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.