Increase weight

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Timikie Johnson
    Participant

Hey Team!
    I’m trying to figure out how to adjust my weights going into week 2
    Example:
    Shoulder press
    Set:1 30lbs
    Set: 35 lbs
    Set :3 40lbs

So how should my week 2 lbs be based on pyramid style

Nic mentioned writing down lbs from last set (40lbs) because this is the weight I should be trying to lift the most at

So week 2 do I start with 40 lbs 12 reps, and go up from there OR ???? Hope I’m making sense..

krystal berry
    krystal berry
    Participant

I think that would be too much? I plan to TRY to move them all back one. So if I were you I’d start with 35, then 40, then hopefully 45?

Since I was going as heavy as I could I ended up maxing out and doing around 4-6 for my last set..and then adding in a 4th set at the previous weight which was hard! I could barely do 8.
    Each week your strength will be different I’d imagine-so I plan to gage it the way I just mentioned 🙂

Maureen
    Maureen

I think that would be too much? I plan to TRY to move them all back one. So if I were you I’d start with 35, then 40, then hopefully 45?
    Since I was going as heavy as I could I ended up maxing out and doing around 4-6 for my last set..and then adding in a 4th set at the previous weight which was hard! I could barely do 8. Each week your strength will be different I’d imagine-so I plan to gage it the way I just mentioned 🙂

I think that would be a good plan….you are “warming” up to those heavy weights. You don’t want to go the heaviest right out of the gate. Work up to it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Nicole Wilkins