Nicole Wilkins

Macros vs meal plan

Home Forums 60 Day Build & Burn Challenge 2023 Nutrition Macros vs meal plan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    aibinca
    Participant

This is my first time trying to follow the meal plan. I’m also tracking my macros and folloeing the meal plan. Not sure if it is just my brands im biying or what but today especially Im finding im coming up short on calories/carbs. Should I add extra food vs. following the meal plan? After putting in all my food I am down 36 carbs/200 calories and 10 fats. Thanks much

Naomi

This is my first time trying to follow the meal plan. I’m also tracking my macros and folloeing the meal plan. Not sure if it is just my brands im biying or what but today especially Im finding im coming up short on calories/carbs. Should I add extra food vs. following the meal plan? After putting in all my food I am down 36 carbs/200 calories and 10 fats. Thanks much

It is likely just variations in the brands and discrepancies in food calculations/portions in My Fitness Pal (not uncommon). If you feel you are eating enough food and aren’t hungry, I would stick with what you’re doing and be consistent with it but if you find you are hungry, you can try to match up the calorie and macro totals. There is a margin or error, but as long as you are within about 5-8g +/- your macro goals per meal, you are on target 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.