Nicole Wilkins

myfitnesspal amounts differ

Home Forums 35 Day BUILD Challenge Forums Nutrition myfitnesspal amounts differ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pamburke
    Participant

Hi.

I have just entered all of the exact information from Meal Plan One into myfitnesspal, and the totals are different from what is at the bottom of the meal plan guide. In the write up about Nutrition, Nicole states:

“MyFitnessPal is a free app that I use every day, even when I am not prepping for a competition. Every little thing adds up, and if you are not weighing each meal, you could be eating a few hundred extra calories per day without even knowing it.”

I am a little concerned that my total caloric intake today is approx 230 more calories than it should be. Should I cut out something from my dinner tonight?

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Hi Pam! This is my 6th challenge (oh my gosh I’m going on 6??! lol) anyway, I am a HUGE tracker of my macros and progress and sometimes my calories don’t exactly match up as well as some variables can be to blame (different brands etc). I focus more on the macros and even those dont exactly match but it gets pretty darn close. Rest assured though, what I can say is that if you are measuring your foods as the plan is written and following everything, you will still definitely see progress and maximize your results. There are many people who are doing the challenge and don’t even track at all; but seeing that I am neurotic about tracking I like at least getting a closer idea and learn from the process with tracking. I hope this helps and good luck to you!

Rachel
    Rachel
    Participant

Hi Pam! This is my 6th challenge (oh my gosh I’m going on 6??! lol) anyway, I am a HUGE tracker of my macros and progress and sometimes my calories don’t exactly match up as well as some variables can be to blame (different brands etc). I focus more on the macros and even those dont exactly match but it gets pretty darn close. Rest assured though, what I can say is that if you are measuring your foods as the plan is written and following everything, you will still definitely see progress and maximize your results. There are many people who are doing the challenge and don’t even track at all; but seeing that I am neurotic about tracking I like to at least getting a closer idea and learn from the process with tracking. I hope this helps and good luck to you!

Maureen
    Maureen

Hi.
    I have just entered all of the exact information from Meal Plan One into myfitnesspal, and the totals are different from what is at the bottom of the meal plan guide. In the write up about Nutrition, Nicole states:
    “MyFitnessPal is a free app that I use every day, even when I am not prepping for a competition. Every little thing adds up, and if you are not weighing each meal, you could be eating a few hundred extra calories per day without even knowing it.”
    I am a little concerned that my total caloric intake today is approx 230 more calories than it should be. Should I cut out something from my dinner tonight?

Thanks Rachel! You hit the nail on the head 🙂 Brands differ etc. Dont’ get too caught up in that part of it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.