Oatmeal prep in bulk?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mwaalk
    mwaalk
    Participant

How can I prepare my oatmeal in bulk? If I am suppose to weigh 40 g dry, is there a way to make multiple servings at once? I would like to prepare at least 3 to 5 days worth to keep in the refrigerator otherwise it takes me forever in the morning to cook one serving in the microwave.

Maureen
    Maureen

How can I prepare my oatmeal in bulk? If I am suppose to weigh 40 g dry, is there a way to make multiple servings at once? I would like to prepare at least 3 to 5 days worth to keep in the refrigerator otherwise it takes me forever in the morning to cook one serving in the microwave.

Hi there,
    I would like to say that I would know the exact serving it comes out to when it’s cooked but unfortunately I don’t know that info. Oatmeal expands into more so it’s hard to say. You could make one. Weigh out the dry. Then cook it and weigh it again. (take into consideration the weight of your bowl. Then you can figure it out from there.

Helen Wilson
    Helen Wilson
    Participant

I just weight mine out dry so 40g dry x 5 would be 200g dry then cook. Once cooked I measure again and divide by 5. May be slightly off but that’s what I do.

krp12102
    Participant

I just add water to my dry oatmeal and microwave then add alittle cinnamon. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Nicole Wilkins