Nicole Wilkins

S’mores pancakes

Home Forums 60 Day Build & Burn Challenge 2023 Nutrition S’mores pancakes

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    rasmussen.danielle
    Participant

Am I doing something wrong? With the new measurements the pancake mixture is pure liquid. I just want to make sure this is what is expected. It just spreads all over my pan and is pretty much a mess lol. Just want to check. Thank you

Naomi

Am I doing something wrong? With the new measurements the pancake mixture is pure liquid. I just want to make sure this is what is expected. It just spreads all over my pan and is pretty much a mess lol. Just want to check. Thank you

It should be just a regular pancake consistency so I am not sure why yours is turning out that way :-/

Stephanie
    Participant

3 cups of egg whites is definitely way too much for the dry ingredients listed…

rasmussen.danielle
    Participant

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. 3 cups of egg whites with the small amount of dry ingredients seemed off to me. I know quite a few of us have been struggling with this recipe. I ended up making 8 large pancakes ( 1/2 cup of the mixture each) so two pancakes make my serving. But with how much eggs I used the eggs alone covered my protein intake for that meal but there is also the protein powder added in. It was good but I felt like it was not correct. Thank you.

Kellie Taylor
    Participant

Mine was all liquid also?
    I did 3 egg white not 3 cups and sill was alot of liquid?

Jennifer Campbell
    Participant

I am making it now and there’s no way 3 cups of egg whites with that little bit of dry ingredients could be correct. I really don’t want to waste all these eggs! It’s pure liquid and I triple checked that I followed the recipe. Nowhere close to pancake batter

Stephanie
    Participant

I’ve been wondering if the recipe was supposed to be like it was but 3 TABLESPOONS of egg whites and just 1 serving, and just a few mini marshmallows (like 5 grams). And 1/4 graham cracker. If I add the macros up using the ingredients that way, the macros are 31g carbs, 28g protein, and 4g fat. That’s pretty close to the macros for the meals in my plan (women’s 2) so that’s how I’m going to try to make it; I’ll just add a little butter for fat and maybe a couple more marshmallows for the carbs, and omit the banana for that meal. 🤷‍♀️

Nicole
    Keymaster

Hopefully this will help clear up any confusion. For the first time in nearly 25 challenges, I made a mistake when calculating the macros for this recipe which ultimately effected all meal 1 option 1 meals. Here is what will be adjusted in the ebook. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions:

S’Mores Recipe Changes

Updated Servings: 3

Ingredients: 3 egg whites (not 3 cups)

Nutrition per serving: 165 calories/2g fat/28g carbs/ 12g protein

WOMENS
    Meal Plan 1
    Meal 1
    Option 1

(1/2 LP, SC) 1 serving S’Mores Protein Pancake
    (1/2 LP) 3 egg whites
    (1/2 F) 7g butter

WOMENS
    Meal Plan 2
    Meal 1
    Option 1

(2/3 LP) 4 egg whites
    (1/2 F) 7g butter
    (1/3 FR) 1/3 banana

WOMENS
    Meal Plan 3
    Meal 1
    Option 1

(LP) 6 egg whites
    (2/3 F) 10g butter
    (1/3 FR) 1/3 banana

MENS
    Meal Plan 1
    Meal 1
    Option 1

(LP) 6 egg whites
    (2/3 F) 10g butter
    (1/2 FR) 1/2 banana

MENS
    Meal Plan 2
    Meal 1
    Option 1

(1 ½ LP) 9 egg whites
    (F) 14g butter
    (1/2 FR) 1/2 banana

rasmussen.danielle
    Participant

Thank you!! 😊

Stephanie
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying, Nicole! Makes more sense!

kathleenmariemt
    Participant

Nicole, so the s’mores recipe is correct as it appears now also with 3c egg whites, etc?

nikita.harris
    Participant

Danielle,
    The measurements I used Women’s Meal Plan 3. First, I grinder the dry oats by itself and then added and blended the all the other dry ingredients (except Graham cracker)together in a blender. Secondly, I separately blended all the wet ingredients together. Finally, I mixed both dry and wet ingredients all together. I don’t know if cooking them on a griddle made a difference but they came out fine. I hope this helps.

carrie.jacobson
    Participant

So just clarifying because I don’t see any changes on the e book yet. Women’s meal plan 3 meal 1 option 1 should be…
    (LP) 6 egg whites
    (2/3 F) 10g butter
    (1/3 FR) 1/3 banana

Nicole
    Keymaster

Nicole, so the s’mores recipe is correct as it appears now also with 3c egg whites, etc?

It should read 3 egg whites NOT 3 cups of egg whites.
    Also, we adjusted the servings to 3 instead of 4.

Nicole
    Keymaster

So just clarifying because I don’t see any changes on the e book yet. Women’s meal plan 3 meal 1 option 1 should be…
    (LP) 6 egg whites
    (2/3 F) 10g butter
    (1/3 FR) 1/3 banana

Yes.

kathleenmariemt
    Participant

And 1 c marshmallows? One moderator put thet in a forum question response

Maureen

And 1 c marshmallows? One moderator put thet in a forum question response

Yes.

RoKinkade72
    Participant

Just a final confirmation for pancake-ageddon… according to my carton, I would be adding 1/3c plus 3 tbsp of egg whites to the recipe. I did 3 TBSP only last week, now it is super runny. Thank you!

Maureen

Just a final confirmation for pancake-ageddon… according to my carton, I would be adding 1/3c plus 3 tbsp of egg whites to the recipe. I did 3 TBSP only last week, now it is super runny. Thank you!

Hi can you confirm which meal plan you are following please? Thank you

Maureen

You are making the recipe with 3 egg whites.
    Your additional egg whites are just added to the meal to bump the protein up. for example: if you are doing meal plan 3 for women you would have 1 serving of the pancake recipe plus an additonal 6 egg whites to the meal but not added to the recipe. Does that clarify things?

RoKinkade72
    Participant

Meal plan 3. Just wanted to clarify the amount for the pancake mix, as it changed a couple times last week from cups to tablespoons to actual egg whites measured out. It just seemed really runny, but I just had to cook it longer.

The recipe for the mix would be the same for everyone, correct? then I understand that I would add 6 scrambled egg whites on the side.
    Thank you!

Maureen

Meal plan 3. Just wanted to clarify the amount for the pancake mix, as it changed a couple times last week from cups to tablespoons to actual egg whites measured out. It just seemed really runny, but I just had to cook it longer.

The recipe for the mix would be the same for everyone, correct? then I understand that I would add 6 scrambled egg whites on the side.
    Thank you!

Yes, recipe is the same for everyone. You just have some add ons to your overall meal.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.