Nicole Wilkins

Training

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

blazio
    Participant

Hi there.
    Up until today I was doing the 10wk Photo Shoot Challenge Ph2 wk 3, I started late because I had bilateral hernia repair in July. I’ve been reviewing the current challenge as I was planning to begin it this Monday but I’m a bit nervous about the lower rep ranges and going as heavy as I can, I’m a bit intimidated. I guess my question is, if I cant go heavy as I can, especially on legs (I just don’t want to cause another hernia) but go to failure in a higher rep range, say 10 reps, and still follow the diet, will I gain body fat?
    Thank you

Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster

Just do the best you can 🙂 The rep range and lifting heavy will have an effect on your bodyfat and help you speed up your metabolism. Challenge yourself and do not get intimidated! Shoot for 8 first and see how you feel! Each week is a progression to the lower rep ranges. That is what this challenge is all about- stepping out of your comfort zone and doing something you never thought you could to achieve results you never have before.

blazio
    Participant

Thank you so much Nicole. I trained this week and maxed out at 10 reps, I’m ready mentally for next week to max out at 6-8 reps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.