Turkey Chili measurement

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

atwoodbrenda
    Participant

The recipe for turkey chili asks for a 20oz pacgage. The turkey is sold in 16oz packages.

How many ounces of “cooked” turkey should I be using?

Thank you
    Brenda

Naomi

Hi Brenda- I would buy two 16oz packages, weight out 20oz of uncooked ground turkey and follow the recipe instructions from there. You can freeze the rest of the turkey chili for future meal prep.

atwoodbrenda
    Participant

Thank you that’s what I’ll do 😄

mjwhitaker1386
    mjwhitaker1386
    Participant

At sams club they sell turkey in 2 (20) Oz packages… was perfect for making a double batch!

atwoodbrenda
    Participant

I do have a Sams account. Is it organic? I get organic at Costco but it’s in 3 16 oz packs.
    Thanks for letting me know.

Brenda

Shelly Oakes
    Participant

What is the serving size on the chili please?

Maureen
    Maureen

What is the serving size on the chili please?

HI there,
    It might differ for each person making it. You weigh the entire mixture and divide by the number of servings and scoop it out while it’s on the scale so you can see exactly how much you are taking out. I have seen some people say it was 1 cup…..but mine weren’t that way.

atwoodbrenda
    Participant

Tip….I weigh it in a big bowl then do the calculation (divide total weight by number of servings) to determine the serving size, then remove the bowl from the scale and place a new clean food prep dish on the zeroed out scale. Using a one cup measuring cup as a scooper, I put in the calculated serving amount.

Mine was over 1 cup.

The chili is amazing 😉

Naomi

Great tip Brenda thank you for sharing! And glad you are enjoying the chili!! 🙂

jlamothe0908
    jlamothe0908
    Participant

Mine measured out to 9oz 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Nicole Wilkins