Nicole Wilkins

water

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jennifer.romero851
    Participant

Hi!

I’m plugging away on the challenge and started to wonder a ridiculous question… what ARE the benefits of all the water? I ask because when weight is stalling, Naomi or Nicole will ask “are you getting enough water?”

I know it helps keeps you satisfied when you’re hungry and that your body needs it to replenish water from life/work outs… but are there other benefits? I’m just super curious!

Thanks for everything 🙂

Jen

Naomi

Hi Jennifer- absolutely, that is a great question! Water is necessary for every single cell in our body to function optimally, which can have a domino affect on our hormones, metabolism, and a a host of other human mechanics and processes. If we don’t drink enough water, especially when working out as much as we are during the challenge, it would be like throwing a screech in a factory assembly line.

Water helps:
    – maximize physical performance
    – affects energy levels and brain function
    – helps aid in digestion (prevents being “stopped up”)
    – aids in function of liver and kidneys in detoxing
    – increases satiety
    – boots metabolism by increasing energy expenditure

Here is more info about the health/fitness benefits of drinking water: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/290814.php

I hope this helps 🙂 Good luck with the rest of the challenge, and drink up! 😉

anacristina7879
    anacristina7879
    Participant

How much water per day do you recommend??

anacristina7879
    anacristina7879
    Participant

How much water per day do you recommend??

Naomi

About one gallon per day is recommended 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.