Nicole Wilkins

Maureen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 3,492 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Pancakes #620814
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Can I just ground oatmeal to make the oatmeal flour? There’s no difference is there?

    You would have to compare the macros for each of you are going to grind it up. I’m sure they are similar but I don’t know specifically

    in reply to: Chai Spice Protein Mug Cake #620802
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    I made up a bunch of the “dough” for this and wrapped each dough serving in plastic wrap. I missed two of them in the fridge…they are probably close to two weeks old. Based on the ingredients, do you all think the dough is still good or would you throw it out?

    I’m not sure…I’m not one to hold on to things for too long. I personally would start over.

    in reply to: Gym Workout 7 – Ladder Superset #620781
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Do 12 reps of each exercise, rest then do 10 rest and and lastly 8 reps.
    That will be your 3 sets.

    in reply to: Anchor lift..at home vs gym #620677
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    I don’t see why not if you have exhausted the DBs you have and need to go heavier.

    in reply to: Freezing meals #620600
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Has anyone tried freezing the meals for meal prep? I normally batch cook and freeze, but in particular was wondering if the pumpkin black bean chili freezes well since you stir in the protein powder at the end. Thanks!

    I’m not sure on this one. Anyone making the meals can chime in. Try freezing one portion and see how it does.

    in reply to: Recipe Question #620491
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Ohh many. I did the 2lb today also not tracked. So when I measured it all out evenly for the 4 they were all about 8 ish oz. That is how I packed them, should I just half them all?

    You can if you want I would maybe use that extra protein for another meal if you can salvage it.

    in reply to: Tracking #620446
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Hi, are the calorie totals for each meal plan an average for the day? For meal plan 2 I tracked and my calorie total was 2100. Maybe I did something wrong.

    It’s not an average each meal is in line with the per meal macros give or take prob 5g but most are pretty darn close to it.

    in reply to: Chicken recipe #620384
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    My dear husband made the sheet pan chicken recipe for me and didn’t use the correct amount of chicken. When serving my meal, do I weigh out 4oz of cooked chicken, or just 3 to adjust for cooking? I’m mostly concerned about getting the correct protein.

    Thanks!

    You will be good. The recipe should be 1lb of turkey instead of 2. I saw that in another thread. If anything you have a ton of protein 🙂

    in reply to: Apple Cups #620383
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Ah gotcha. My bad. Good catch. Just make sure you separate it in 8 equal cups with the mixture. You will be good.

    in reply to: Interchangeable Meals #620382
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    This is a bit of a silly question… bear with me 🙂

    Are all meals interchangeable? For instance, if I really enjoy Meal 4 Option 2 could I choose to eat that for any/all meals? I’m assuming not, since the macros are quite different from Meal 1 Option 2, for instance.

    TIA!

    All meals are interchangeable EXCEPT the post workout meal. That’s the one that the macros are different. Look at the bottom of the meal plan you will see all of the macros.

    in reply to: Single Leg Press (workout 2A) #620380
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    I am working out from home and do not have access to a leg press. Should I substitute a single leg squat or would a BB lunge work better?

    I would do the at home workout if you don’t have the equipment that you need.

    in reply to: Anchor move #620379
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    I’m trying to figure out then if I choose bench press as anchor move, yet I did not video today’s work out, can I just do the bench press any day before the end of the week to record it being done? Bench press was on workout 1.

    You can just record yourself doing it at anytime, it doesn’t have to be the workout day.

    in reply to: Zoom Meetings #620378
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Hi, will there be Zoom meetings throughout the challenge like there was in Level Up? I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss them live. So excited for this challenge!!! 🙂

    I don’t see anything planned for it. But if there is something coming up, you will get an email. Thanks.

    in reply to: Apple Cups #620301
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Hi when I made the Apple cinnamon cups I used a mini muffin pan and i got 16 muffins. The recipe calls for 4 servings 2 per serving so should be 8 muffins in total? Should it be regular size pan or did i mess up lol
    Thanks so much

    The recipe is based on the regular muffins. So just double up what you eat since you used mini muffins. No big deal.

    in reply to: Anchor move #620300
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Hey! Feel this is a silly question… first workout has anchor move as bench press. You still do those reps even though it’s not your anchor move. Correct? Then continue on til Thursday where dead lift is the anchor move and do your recording then. Right?

    Yea, you do all of the exercises. The anchor move that you choose is just a separate thing Nicole is doing to choose winners. But yea, perform the workouts as they are listed. You just have a choice to choose which anchor move you are going to record at the beginning and the end. Not a silly question. Ask away.

    in reply to: Anchor #620299
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Is it picture or video and do we upload to community page for all to see i been checking page and don’t see any uploads yet

    Yep. Just go for it. :).

    in reply to: Workouts #620298
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Hello ladies,

    So, unfortunately I am still healing, I injured my right arm which is my dominant arm. I broke my Ulnar Styloid. That little bone on the forearm near the wrist. Open to suggestions for upper body exercises. Let me know if you have any questions. I can’t wait until I am healed. Tomorrow I will be 60 so it takes a longer minute to heal. lol But thank God I have been with you ladies for around 5 years strength training. I am sure it would have been worse had I not been working out.

    I would just take a look at the entire program and do the exercises you can do. Let yourself heal and ease back into the exercises so you don’t make anything work or injure it again.

    in reply to: Welcome video #620297
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Just clicked again and it played! : )

    Do you know what the issue was for you?

    in reply to: Anchor Move Video #620100
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Hi Guys-

    No upload of other photos and measurements? Just chosen anchor move?
    Thanks!!KB

    Yep! Choose the one you want to use and improve and that will be the one you upload at the end as well.

    in reply to: Welcome video #620099
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Hello again! I’ve tried watching the welcome video and it cuts to the membership page saying article can’t be found. I’m pretty versed in these challenges but would still like to see it. This one is a little different so I don’t want to miss anything! Please advise. Thanks!

    Hi there, I just clicked it and it loaded just fine for me. Email [email protected] and they can troubleshoot that for you. Try reloading the page.

    in reply to: Flour #620098
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Hello! What is the significance of oat flour vs. almond or wheat flour?

    Just what it’s made of…..and being gluten free (almond and oat). almond might be a bit higher in protein,low in carbs. They all have their differences.

    in reply to: Picture of anchor move #620078
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Do we take pictures each day of the week on the anchor move and then post our why and what we hope to achieve in the 6 weeks?
    Or just do one anchor move picture and post our why with progress hope

    Just in the beginning of the program and then at the end.

    Thank you

    2. RECORD YOUR STARTING POINT
    During your first full testing cycle (Workouts 1–4), record a video of yourself
    performing your chosen Anchor Lift. Post it in our private Facebook
    Community with the hashtag #BackToStrongWeek1.
    Tell us:
    » Why you signed up for Back To Strong.
    » What getting stronger means to you.
    » What you’re hoping to accomplish over the next 6 weeks.
    3. RECORD YOUR FINAL LIFT
    During your last full testing cycle (Workouts 5–8), perform the same Anchor Lift
    and record your final video. Post it with the hashtag #BackToStrongWeek6
    and share:
    » How much stronger you got.
    » What you’re most proud of.
    » Did you surprise yourself?
    » What did you learn about what you’re capable of?

    in reply to: Got Milk?! #620075
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    Hi, just wondering where skim milk would fall on the exchange lists? I don’t see a dairy list or any milk choices. This is my first challenge and can’t wait to get started! Thanks!

    Hi there, If that’s to just shake a mixer then go for it. It won’t impact the macros that much.

    in reply to: Substitute ancor excercise. #619965
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    I cant do bench or overhead press with a bar because of a shoulder issue. Can I video my overhead press with a seated dumbell press and still be able to win a price?

    Go for it and let them know that you are working through an injury and this is your work around. I don’t make the decisions on who wins prizes etc. Do what you can do 🙂

    in reply to: Saved PDF has markups #619721
    Maureen
    Keymaster

    For some reason when I save the PDF to my phone, several bubble mark ups appear. However when I view it in chrome browser the mark ups are gone? Not sure if this is something that needs to fixed, I haven’t had this happen with previous challenge PDFs.

    Re download the pdf. It should be the Good one now. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 3,492 total)