By Allison Frahn
You’ll often hear of parents making brownies with black beans or sneaking in zucchini or other veggies to certain desserts so their children can intake quality nutrients. Should you consider it? Absolutely! Especially when it enhances the flavor profile as well.
My secret ingredient for this delicious Chocolate Raspberry Mousse is…avocado! The avocado provides a rich creamy texture while also supplying a generous portion of fiber and healthy fats. It’s hard to believe the avocado can taste this sweet and be so satisfying. Enjoy!
• 2 large very ripe avocados, peeled and pitted*
• 1 cup fresh raspberries
• 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 scoop nPower Nutrition Isolate Whey Chocolate protein powder
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
• 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup*
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Place over a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Add the milk slowly while continuously stirring (to prevent chocolate from hardening again) until the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
• In a food processor, combine avocados, 1/3 cup raspberries, melted chocolate mixture, protein powder, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Blend for about 3 minutes until smooth and creamy, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides.
• Divide and spoon the mousse equally into four glasses or bowls and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
• Garnish with the remaining 2/3 cup of fresh raspberries and serve cold. Enjoy!
• In order to not taste the avocados and have a smooth consistency, the avocados must be very ripe
• You can substitute agave or regular maple syrup. Adjust nutritionals accordingly.
• The mousse tastes best when served cold and has the best consistency if allowed to set for at least 2-3 hours.
(Per serving; recipe serves 4)
285 calories, 9g protein, 18g carbohydrates (10g fiber), 20g fat
Fit Fixins: Raspberries & Cream Overnight Oats
Fit Fixins: Chili Lime Steak Fajitas
Fit Fixins: Zucchini Crepe Quesadillas
Fit Fixins: Low Carb Rainbow Pizza
Fit Fixins: Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Popsicle Cups
ABOUT ALLISON FRAHN
Allison is a five-time IFBB Figure Olympian who has a passion for healthy, yet delicious cooking. Allison owns Alli’s Slim Pickins, Inc., a healthy food and recipe-based company. She is excited to share her years of experience with you and provide healthy recipes that proclaim her slogan: 100% Taste & 0% Guilt.