These brownies have a very special secret ingredient that you might not want to share with your guests until they have already eaten them, because, well…they would never be able to guess anyway!
This special ingredient is the black bean! Yes, really. My Black & Brownies have all the fudginess of regular brownies, without the excess calories and fat! Each serving is a nice sized brownie, so go ahead and enjoy guilt free.
Oh – and let’s keep this secret ingredient between us 😉
• 1/2 cup oats
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips
• 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/3 tsp salt (or to taste)
• 1 cup canned black beans
• 2/3 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
• 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
• 1 large egg
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
• Spray a 9×9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
• Combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Stir in the chips and mix well.
• Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 15-20min, or until the top looks somewhat matte and the center is a bit shiny. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting or removing from the pan.
NOTE: If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge for a few hours and they will firm up beautifully! Enjoy!
(Per brownie; recipe makes 6)
250 calories, 5g protein, 23g carbohydrates, 15g fat
Grilled Florentine Stuffed Chicken BreastFit Fixins: Healthy Belgian Waffle
Fit Fixins: Inside Out Baked Apple Pie
Fit Fixins: Low-Fat Shepherd’s Pie
Fit Fixins: Eggplant Pizza Rounds
Fit Fixins: Banana Nut Overnight Oats
ABOUT ALLISON FRAHN
Allison is a five-time IFBB Figure Olympian who has a passion for healthy, yet delicious cooking. Allison owns Alli’s Slim Pickins, Inc., a healthy food and recipe-based company. She is excited to share her years of experience with you and provide healthy recipes that proclaim her slogan: 100% Taste & 0% Guilt.
Want more recipes? Purchase Ali’s recipe e-book here!
Allison, is the nutrition information correct? It says per chicken breast, so it made me wonder…Log in to reply
I just made your brownies and they are delicious but was wondering the same thing regarding the nutritional value – but really not too concerned because they are so good. Thanks for sharing!Log in to reply
I made these and they are really good. What is the nutrition info? It says per chicken breast.Log in to reply
Yes, is the nutrition information correct…..Chicken Breast? LOLLog in to reply
Hi all –
The nutrition info is correct, but the line should read:
“Per brownie; recipe makes 6”
Sorry for the confusion!Log in to reply
Do we have use the pumpkin ingredient I’m sorry I just do not like pumpkin anything….?Log in to reply
Do we have to use the pumpkin ingredient I’m sorry I just do not like pumpkin anythingLog in to reply
Many times when using pumpkin in a recipe like this, it is for moisture while keeping texture, the flavor is negligible. To ensure a very chocolately flavor, try using Hershey’s Dark Cocoa powder instead of regular. Makes a big difference! I add 2 tsps. to all my chocolate protein shakes (and a tsp of instant coffee! yummm)Log in to reply