These brownies have a very special secret ingredient that you might not want to share with your guests until they have already eaten them, because, well…they would never be able to guess anyway!
This special ingredient is the black bean! Yes, really. My Black & Brownies have all the fudginess of regular brownies, without the excess calories and fat! Each serving is a nice sized brownie, so go ahead and enjoy guilt free.
Oh – and let’s keep this secret ingredient between us 😉
• 1/2 cup oats
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips
• 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/3 tsp salt (or to taste)
• 1 cup canned black beans
• 2/3 cup granulated stevia (or your preferred sweetener)
• 1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
• 1 large egg
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
• Spray a 9×9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
• Combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Stir in the chips and mix well.
• Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 15-20min, or until the top looks somewhat matte and the center is a bit shiny. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting or removing from the pan.
NOTE: If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge for a few hours and they will firm up beautifully! Enjoy!
(Per brownie; recipe makes 6)
250 calories, 5g protein, 23g carbohydrates, 15g fat
Grilled Florentine Stuffed Chicken BreastFit Fixins: Healthy Belgian Waffle
Fit Fixins: Inside Out Baked Apple Pie
Fit Fixins: Low-Fat Shepherd’s Pie
Fit Fixins: Eggplant Pizza Rounds
Fit Fixins: Banana Nut Overnight Oats
ABOUT ALLISON FRAHN
Allison is a five-time IFBB Figure Olympian who has a passion for healthy, yet delicious cooking. Allison owns Alli’s Slim Pickins, Inc., a healthy food and recipe-based company. She is excited to share her years of experience with you and provide healthy recipes that proclaim her slogan: 100% Taste & 0% Guilt.