If you’re a fan of strawberry shortcake, you’re going to love my Strawberry Vanilla Oat parfait.
You get all the taste of the shortcake dessert without the calories, sugars or fat. This sweet treat is so easy to make, has no added sugar, and contains only 5 grams of fat! It’s so good that you can enjoy it for breakfast or dessert. Or both! Why not?!
• 1 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup oats
• 1/3 cup + 2 strawberries (for topping), sliced
• 4 tbsp granulated stevia
• 1/8 tsp + 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 4 tsp chia seeds
• Combine 1/3 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1 tbsp granulated splenda, and 1/8 tsp vanilla in blender and pulse until blended. Set aside.
• In a separate mixing bowl, combine 1 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 3 tbsp granulated splenda, 1/4 tsp salt and mix until fully combined
• Time to start layering the parfait!
• Spoon 1/4 cup greek yogurt mixture onto the bottom of two glasses
• Next, layer 1/4 cup rolled oats
• Next, pour 1/4 of the strawberry puree mixture over the oats in each glass (keeping half for another layer)
• Next, repeat with the 1/4 cup greek yogurt mixture layer and…
• Lastly follow with a layer of the strawberry puree
• Top with the strawberry slices and 2 tsp chia seeds each
• Put in the fridge and let sit for at least one hour to allow parfaits to set. Enjoy!
(Per parfait; recipe makes 2)
220 calories, 19g protein, 24.5g carbohydrates (7g fiber), 5g fat
ABOUT ALLISON FRAHN
Allison is a five-time IFBB Figure Olympian who has a passion for healthy, yet delicious cooking. Allison owns Alli’s Slim Pickins, Inc., a healthy food and recipe-based company. She is excited to share her years of experience with you and provide healthy recipes that proclaim her slogan: 100% Taste & 0% Guilt.