If you’re craving a sandwich but you’ve limited your carbs – have no fear! You can make your own low-carb wrap at home by using egg whites! There are a ton of low-carb wraps on the market, but a lot of people are affected by the types of fiber that some companies use, so I created my own version. The beauty about using an egg white omelette wrap is that the possibilities and flavor varieties are endless! I’m sharing one of my favorite veggie omelette wraps that you can use for a turkey, chicken, or your favorite meat sandwich. Enjoy! 🤗
• 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
• 1 oz low-fat shredded mozzarella
• 2 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp green bell pepper, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
• 1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
• 1/8 tsp garlic powder
• salt and pepper, to taste
• Have all ingredients prepared, chopped, and ready to go.
• Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add chopped onion, pepper, tomato, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for approximately 5-7 minutes, stirring on occasion, until lightly browned and tender.
• Once veggie mixture is browned, pour the egg whites right into the skillet and then sprinkle the cheese on top. The key here is to get the wrap as thin as possible, so pick up the skillet by the handle and swirl the egg to completely fill the pan. Then, cook without stirring for 4-6 minutes or until eggs are set and golden brown on bottom.
• Carefully flip with a spatula and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the moisture has been removed from the wrap and it is golden brown on both sides.
• Remove from heat and allow to cool before filling it with your favorite sandwich ingredients. That’s a wrap, folks! Enjoy!
Note: for visual purposes, the image here shows the omelette “wrap” the same size as a typical store bought wrap right underneath it.
(Per wrap; recipe makes 1)
160 calories, 27g protein, 7.5g carbohydrates (0.5g fiber), 2.5g fat
Fit Fixins: Baked Autumn Apple Crumble
Fit Fixins: Roasted Butternut Chicken Bake
Fit Fixins: Egg Clouds
Fit Fixins: Sugar Free Chocolate Mint Brownies
Fit Fixins: Apple Cider Glazed Salmon
ABOUT ALLISON FRAHN
Allison is a five-time IFBB Figure Olympian who has a passion for healthy, yet delicious cooking. Allison owns Alli’s Slim Pickins, Inc., a healthy food and recipe-based company. She is excited to share her years of experience with you and provide healthy recipes that proclaim her slogan: 100% Taste & 0% Guilt.