If you loved my Baked Egg & Bacon Toast Cups (of course you did!) you are going to love this variation! This combines two of my favorites in one dish: breakfast foods and pizza! Just as there are infinite varieties of pizza toppings, you can substitute or add your favorite toppings here to make it your own.
I kept mine simple with a combination of cheeses, sauce, fresh tomatoes, and chives. These are great when eaten right away so that the crust stays nice and toasty (pun intended). However, you can also cook in advance as they reheat in the oven wonderfully or eat cold as leftovers. Enjoy!
• 6 large eggs
• 2/3 cup tomato sauce (approximately 50 calories per 1/2 cup)
• 2/3 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
• 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 1 large chive, chopped
• 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
• salt and pepper, or to taste
• pinch chili flakes
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Spray a 6-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
• Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread and stuff one slice of bread into each of the muffin cups, pressing along the sides to form a cup. Set aside. (Note: if you don’t have a rolling pin, try using an unopened can from your pantry or the bottom of a glass)
• Slice the cherry tomatoes and chop the chives. Divide evenly and arrange into each of the cups. Next, spoon about 2 tbsp of tomato sauce into each of the cups.
• Crack an egg into each of the cups and then sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top.
• Lastly, sprinkle about 1 tsp of parmesan cheese on top and then season with salt and pepper and chili flakes.
• Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until eggs are set and toast tips are nice and browned. Enjoy!
(Per cup; recipe makes 6)
175 calories, 14g protein, 13g carbohydrates (2g fiber), 8g fat
Fit Fixins: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Squash
Fit Fixins: Strawberry Shortcake Oat Parfait
Fit Fixins: Asian Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Fit Fixins: French Toast Bacon Egg N’ Cheese Sandwich
Fit Fixins: Tangy Red Potato Egg Salad
ABOUT ALLISON FRAHN
Allison is a five-time IFBB Figure Olympian who has a passion for healthy, yet delicious cooking. Allison owns Alli’s Slim Pickins, Inc., a healthy food and recipe-based company. She is excited to share her years of experience with you and provide healthy recipes that proclaim her slogan: 100% Taste & 0% Guilt.